The Great Egg Shipping Experiment!

Pics
None yet, only two EE's hatched so far. Another EE is halfway zipped. I will post pics of each of yours before they go into the brooder. Looks like that post might be picture heavy!!!!!! Blue or Olive no matter my OE's lay the best anyway. I will keep an eye out for feathered legs and let you know.

Last edited:
Last year when I was hatching marans If they were my own flock I did fine, but if they were shipped I had zero hatch. This year my cuckoo marans are in a molt and I need more fbcm, so I ordered some to be shipped. I also have a new brinsea so hoping that would help. But I keep seeing comments about marans being more difficult or slow hatchers. Specifically what are you saying here? If I threw them out last year on day 23 could I have thrown away live chicks (I don't actually remember doing this and I usually eggtopsy so this is just a general question)

Last year when I was hatching marans If they were my own flock I did fine, but if they were shipped I had zero hatch. This year my cuckoo marans are in a molt and I need more fbcm, so I ordered some to be shipped. I also have a new brinsea so hoping that would help. But I keep seeing comments about marans being more difficult or slow hatchers. Specifically what are you saying here? If I threw them out last year on day 23 could I have thrown away live chicks (I don't actually remember doing this and I usually eggtopsy so this is just a general question)
I would follow the instructions for shipped eggs--Check the link In my signature line.

I addition, turn on the cool down cycle for 2 hours per day starting on day 7 or 8, according to the instructions for the Brinsea. The Marans eggs from Wisher hatched perfectly set at 40% humidity for incubation and 72% for lockdown. I have hatched Marans 4 times and these hatched the best yet!

I hope you have a great hatch!

I would follow the instructions for shipped eggs--Check the link In my signature line.

I addition, turn on the cool down cycle for 2 hours per day starting on day 7 or 8, according to the instructions for the Brinsea. The Marans eggs from Wisher hatched perfectly set at 40% humidity for incubation and 72% for lockdown. I have hatched Marans 4 times and these hatched the best yet!

I hope you have a great hatch!
I have been doing the dry hatch so far...with no water in it it is fluctuating from 32 - 36 and aircells seem right on except of course some are wonky. I left the cool cycle on as that is how the brinsea came, but I have only opened that bator 3 times so far and lock down is Sunday so I am fairly proud of this feat! lol

Wisher,
One BCM out and another externally pipped
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom