The Great Egg Shipping Experiment!

Pics
OH! I see how it is. Well here you go.......
old.gif
4 out 3 EE's, 1 BCM left 2 EE's 4 BCM's

OH! I see how it is. Well here you go.......
old.gif
4 out 3 EE's, 1 BCM left 2 EE's 4 BCM's
bow.gif
Thank you Jess
When I set the Brinsea to 40%, my hygrometer said 35%. Leaving it without water here does not work. We are too dry here. These Brinseas are a breeze to use!
I thought we would be too dry also but maybe the rain and snow is making it more humid. The aircells on my eggs are right where we should be and I think the weight of the eggs is right on as well. So far, loving the brinsea but this is my first hatch in it so time will tell for sure.

What do you mean, there was no movement seen when you candled?
Yup, i candled and nobody seemed to be at home !?!?! Nothing going on, no feet flopping no beaks at the aircell. I am just going to proceed as planned, hope that I just dont know what i am doing, since i dont, and have chicks start hatching out on Monday.
th.gif

Calm down! Like SCG said, if you saw and air cell in the fat end, and some clear area in the small end, you are likely getting chicks. The eggs are dark colored and thick shelled and you would have a hard time seeing much. I candled some of mine today and there were several that I didn't see move, but I'm not worried. Sit on your hands and TRY to be patient!

Calm down! Like SCG said, if you saw and air cell in the fat end, and some clear area in the small end, you are likely getting chicks. The eggs are dark colored and thick shelled and you would have a hard time seeing much. I candled some of mine today and there were several that I didn't see move, but I'm not worried. Sit on your hands and TRY to be patient!
Thank yall both.
hugs.gif
I had just candled my daughters silkie eggs yesterday, day 7 and those suckers were black eyeballs floating and flipping around everywhere, and then today, I look at these dark shell eggs, and there is the aircell, dark, yup, i will have chicks hatch Monday, I will have chicks hatch Monday.....
fl.gif

Yup, i candled and nobody seemed to be at home !?!?! Nothing going on, no feet flopping no beaks at the aircell. I am just going to proceed as planned, hope that I just dont know what i am doing, since i dont, and have chicks start hatching out on Monday.
th.gif

Don't feel bad. I almost never see movement at the end. They are really folded in there good, you won't see them clawing to get out so to speak until it's time to hatch. Gross picture, but it illustrates a point... They stay like this until it's time to pip.

Back
Top Bottom