The Great Egg Shipping Experiment!

Pics
OK, newbie question... what's a "wind" egg? LOL

A weird little egg that is often laid at the begging of the laying season or when a pullet reaches Point of lay.

Some of them do not have a yolk and are often the size of a quail egg. One often thinks a wild bird might have been hanging out with the flock....

Ok! Just finished reading 57 plus pages. Good reading and fun! I think I am going to buy an incubator and try hatching a few edds myself. Looking at the Brinsea ECO 20 or the Hovabator Genesis 1588 with digital Hygrometer & Thermometer.

Will they both do the job or is one much better than the other.

Dan

Ok! Just finished reading 57 plus pages. Good reading and fun! I think I am going to buy an incubator and try hatching a few edds myself. Looking at the Brinsea ECO 20 or the Hovabator Genesis 1588 with digital Hygrometer & Thermometer.

Will they both do the job or is one much better than the other.

Dan

Both work well but the Brinsea has been stellar so far. I am incubating in both and have a second Genesis set up as a hatcher. The Brinsea has a much steadier temperature and humidity. The Genesis goes up and down for temperature.

So far I would say the Brinses is better but it is a bunch more expensive.

Hi Dan, and welcome!

Hatching is great fun and very addictive.

I have two styro-bators (Hova is one) and I have pretty good luck with them. I have not ever had a Brinsea E20 but would try on in a heartbeat if I could manage to come off of that much money. I would not, however, recommend paying extra for the built in thermo/hygro-meter because from what I read, they are not dependable. You will end up getting several to compare, anyway.

Let us know if we can help! Have fun!

SCG - Guess what I had on my biscuits this morning..........

The only thing I don't like about the Brinsea is it's hard to clean the top.

I think the Genesis is easier to clean, that's what I've heard.

I take the bottom, gray and wire to the shower and clean it. The top I wipe out with a wash cloth and air dust the sensor and fan.

Is there a trick to cleaning the Brinsea top? I will need to do that sometime. It does not get very dirty since I do not hatch in it.

Both work well but the Brinsea has been stellar so far. I am incubating in both and have a second Genesis set up as a hatcher. The Brinsea has a much steadier temperature and humidity. The Genesis goes up and down for temperature.

So far I would say the Brinses is better but it is a bunch more expensive.
Ron,
Thanks for your input, and help through PM's as well!

Dan

Hi Dan, and welcome!

Hatching is great fun and very addictive.

I have two styro-bators (Hova is one) and I have pretty good luck with them. I have not ever had a Brinsea E20 but would try on in a heartbeat if I could manage to come off of that much money. I would not, however, recommend paying extra for the built in thermo/hygro-meter because from what I read, they are not dependable. You will end up getting several to compare, anyway.

Let us know if we can help! Have fun!

SCG - Guess what I had on my biscuits this morning..........

I think I am already Addicted from just reading this thread. I would Love to have the ECO 20 Advance with Humidity pump but the cost is Steep! Ouch!! Guess I will have to make a decision soon.
I saved your link to Ebay for the Hygrometer/Thermometer (at least I think it was yours) I plan on buying that.

I have some Buckeye chicks that will be here in a few weeks, but I really want a few Australorps too. I figured hatching them might be a Fun way to get a start. Now to find someone who has Eggs out of Good Quality BA's

Dan

Back
Top Bottom