The Great Egg Shipping Experiment!

Pics
Quote:
The candling photos and eggtopsy tips were very helpful. I just tossed 14 eggs. 11 were clear and/or scrambled looking. 2 were quitters, one earlier than the other, but both fairly early. I did not open the rotten egg! Didn't think I wanted to look at that one, even in a sealed bag.

16 eggs left now. Several I am not that sure about, but I'm leaving them for now.

The pictures are great! I force myself to open all but the rotten ones. Last week I had to open up 25 clear Delaware eggs--Rooster problems--

Remember that you will not see much inside the Dark colored eggs.

The candling photos and eggtopsy tips were very helpful. I just tossed 14 eggs. 11 were clear and/or scrambled looking. 2 were quitters, one earlier than the other, but both fairly early. I did not open the rotten egg! Didn't think I wanted to look at that one, even in a sealed bag.

16 eggs left now. Several I am not that sure about, but I'm leaving them for now.

Glad you did that. I think it's a good learning experience to see what went wrong. Sometimes I think that there's something developing in the egg, and then I realize it's just the chalazae on the yolk once I open it. I'm not fooled by that, anymore.
I did, once, open up an egg that was perfectly developing. I felt so bad. But now I know what to look for.

Wish the duck would start laying, soon. I would like to get some of those eggs going, too. We're down to 1 girl and 3 boys, and the girl is hating her life right now (we can tell it's getting to be spring). Kinda wish the fox would come back and solve some of the problems, although that's horrible, I know. It's too cold/wet/snowy to process the extra boys right now.

What is that blump blump blump noise in the incubator?
idunno.gif

fl.gif
Oh cool, the egg is ever so slightly moving. Yes it
is one of Wishers

Well the rest of the eggs were late quitters. I had 7 out of 10 hatch from WISHER and 12 out of 19 of my own eggs hatch. Tells me I did something wrong. I have to go back and look at my temps and humidity. First run on my homemade incubator. I shouldn't have had that many late quitters. I need to look at the hatcher side. I am thinking an extended temp spike did it. Sorry the hatch rate wasn't better wisher. I know all ten of your eggs were moving around at day 19. I will get official pics up this evening. Went to do it last night and my battery was dead.......go figure....resolved now but I have to leave for school. Thank you again Wisher, your the best!

Back
Top Bottom