The Great Egg Shipping Experiment!

Pics
Quote: Hooray! So glad you got something. I hope you do get another one.....
Go out and do more chores!
big_smile.png

Here are my 4 that hatched from Wisher. 2 EE and 2 BCM.
I must have done something wrong with the rest. I just did eggtopsy and 5 were fully at day 21 best I can tell. Not shrink wrapped. Looked more wet than anything.
Three eggs were about day 18 not as developed.
Three were goop which were BCM and I should have tossed at first or second candle but couldn't see inside them well enough.
SO very happy with the 4 I got though, they are so sweet, happy and healthy.

Those chicks are adorable Bama 1!

I put the temperature probe through the vent hole. It said 99.3 degrees. The humidity pump spins quickly until it gets to the target and then slows down. It often over shoots by 5% or so. The RH is controlled by a plug that powers the pump and runs the pump when the humidity drops.

I love it. It only takes a couple of minutes to get the humidity up. I turnoff the incubator when I lift the lid or else the pump keeps on running.

You will have very nice hatches with the Brinsea!
Thanks Ron! I definitely am gonna lean on the more experienced as I go through my 1st hatch in a few weeks.

Dan

I set 46 of my own eggs and today, 43 are going into lockdown! I'm changing them to the hatcher as soon as I can get home from work. Then a quick bleach spray, rinse, and set 46 more for the Easter Hatch at noon tomorrow! SCG! Do you remember where I put my houndstooth straight jacket?!

I set 46 of my own eggs and today, 43 are going into lockdown! I'm changing them to the hatcher as soon as I can get home from work. Then a quick bleach spray, rinse, and set 46 more for the Easter Hatch at noon tomorrow! SCG! Do you remember where I put my houndstooth straight jacket?!
wee.gif
woot.gif

I gave up on the Easter Hatch-a-long but am setting SG Dorking and Delaware eggs tomorrow any way.

Another hatched before I went to bed last night.A black,sure hope one of them is a frizzle.Thanks buckabauka
Well here they are,Look at the comb on the black one,do you think it will be a rooster?And what color do you think the lighter one will be,a partridge?I am thinking the black one will be a firzzle,his feathering is different that the other,he is smaller to.$24.00 for two chicks plus running the bator for 22 days.I am leaving the other eggs in untill tomorrow night just in case I have a slow poke.

Got the Brinsea today, Octagon 20 Advance EX with Humidity pump. I put it all together, hooked things up and turned it on, of course it is empty. It seems to be holding temp very close, within 1 tenth of a degree. Humidity over shot 8% upon initial build up but I think that will level out some once it's on for a while.

Anyone else using a similar incubator are you using the cooling off feature? And if so what have you got it set on?

Dan

Got the Brinsea today, Octagon 20 Advance EX with Humidity pump. I put it all together, hooked things up and turned it on, of course it is empty. It seems to be holding temp very close, within 1 tenth of a degree. Humidity over shot 8% upon initial build up but I think that will level out some once it's on for a while.

Anyone else using a similar incubator are you using the cooling off feature? And if so what have you got it set on?

Dan

It will move to the correct humidity and hold it there.

I used it once but I am doing too many staggered hatches. Cooling starts on day 7 and set it for 2 hours per day. Stop cooling at lockdown.

Have fun!

.$24.00 for two chicks plus running the bator for 22 days.I am leaving the other eggs in untill tomorrow night just in case I have a slow poke.

but the cuteness of those fuzzy butts.....priceless

I saw some good old fashion ameraucana mixed color hatching eggs sell for 109 bucks plus shipping last weekend. Oy Vay - you got a bargain.

Seriously, good luck with the rest

Back
Top Bottom