The Gun Thread

Pics
Thank you, I probably will. But I'm not totally ignorant. My first DH was a marksman in ROTC and taught me a lot. I've handled guns before and was a pretty good shot, although our targets back then were aluminum cans on fences or hung from trees. I've just chosen not to have guns while raising children.

Thank you, I probably will. But I'm not totally ignorant. My first DH was a marksman in ROTC and taught me a lot. I've handled guns before and was a pretty good shot, although our targets back then were aluminum cans on fences or hung from trees. I've just chosen not to have guns while raising children.
Oh ok that’s awesome.

I agree it’s one of the best things you can do as a new gun owner.
I took my class before. For range training they had handguns for use from a 22 revolver to a 45 semi automatic. I found the kick of 9mm and higher hurt my arthritic thumb joint, but the 380 was perfect, and I liked both the Sig Sauer and the Walther as their slides weren't too stiff for me.

I took my class before. For range training they had handguns for use from a 22 revolver to a 45 semi automatic. I found the kick of 9mm and higher hurt my arthritic thumb joint, but the 380 was perfect, and I liked both the Sig Sauer and the Walther as their slides weren't too stiff for me.
I shoot 9mm have never shot anything else I would love to and probably will sometime soon. I agree with with the Walter and sig sauer having good slides. Sig sauer is what I shoot more and like more.

While I would never discourage any one from taking formal training you probably have a better background than most people.
The most defining factor on what gun to get for predator control, IMHO is neighbors, type of predator and personal attributes, in that order. If it was me in the wilderness with bears, I would carry a .45-70 repeater. For little DW in the city maybe a crack barrel with sub sonic .22s.

I shoot 9mm have never shot anything else I would love to and probably will sometime soon. I agree with with the Walter and sig sauer having good slides. Sig sauer is what I shoot more and like more.
They shot about the same for me, but the Walther was a lot less expensive.

Back
Top Bottom