The Gun Thread

Pics
Exactly, the gun has to work for the person. After I broke my wrist, I knew I wouldn't be able to handle my .357 as a carry gun for a while, and maybe not ever. So now I have a 9mm SIG.

.22 is quiet(er) and plenty deadly. The 3 most important things about a self defense (or kill) shot are: shot placement, shot placement, and shot placement.
IMG_20200912_172742360.jpg
Like this?
:pop

My son bought a loaded M1 Garand clip at a gun show, he was so excited. Now all he needs is the M1 Garand🤦‍♀️ oh, and the "ejection ting" is his notification sound on his phone

Good starter gun for hunting
Sweet, now be sure to teach him about 'Garand Thumb' when he finally gets that rifle.

Who was that that suggested a 45.70 lol

That'll go great

Hey, Billy or Bonnie is turning 6 we should get them thier first gun, I know a 45.70. That would be perfect (for them to never want to shoot a gun ever again)
That was me. My first rifle was an 1891 Argentine Mauser in 7.65 x 53. It was four feet long and weighed 9 lbs, I was 8. I'm a poor judge of what's appropriate in the first place, and I tend to jump into the deep end as a first step.

My wife's carry gun is a KelTec P17 in .22 long rifle, 16 in the magazine and one in the pipe. She's comfortable and accurate with it which are the two most important things when choosing an EDC.

My three favorite carry guns; from top, Para Ordnance Super Hawg in .45 ACP, Para Ordnance P12 in .45 ACP, and Beretta Nano in 9mm Para bellum.
IMG_20231120_094701522~2.jpg

I'd had no range time, just the class range time.

It was good enough to qualify.
Bravo! you are a natural. Most shooting ranges will have small NRA pocket cards for both left and right hand shooters that will help annalize bullet placement. Really handy to keep in your range bag. It looks like this.
1700495856137.png

Back
Top Bottom