The hatchery messed up?

GlitterKitty

Songster
10 Years
Nov 21, 2009
Hi! Alright so my questions are as follows: They are all 5 wks old.

This little speckled sussex was ordered as a pullet...I have a feeling they messed up:
44812_pullet_001.jpg

I'm pretty sure this girl is a pullet, is her color red? She is a bantam cochin
44812_pullet_008.jpg

I think this is a pullet too, but is her color blue or black? Bantam Cochin
44812_pullet_010.jpg

Then the little Sumatra (I ordered a standard size but this little on is smaller than my bantams!??) Question on gender:
44812_pullet_011.jpg

I really hope all of these are girls (although I shouldn't hope to high
roll.png
) But my final question is that I have 7 hens outside with one rooster. When I add these whom I believe to be another rooster (maybe 2) will they get along over 12 hens? I can always get more if my mom agrees.... Some days I hate hatcheries....

my speckled sussex is only 16 days old and doesn't look anything like that. i'll have to check just to make sure. my sussex is different shades of brown. i also checked the MPC website, and that is brown too.

s/he looked like a speckled sussex chick would when I ordered her. They came from Meyer Hatchery,

The second is a Buff Cochin.

The third is Black, but when you order Blue you can get blue, black, or splash. That just depends on how the matings are setup in the parent flock.

Matt

partridge something? man Meyer hatchery is wacked. I wonder if i can get my money back because they sold me 3 chicks that died within 2 wks. A completely wrong chick and a mean one lol. And actually the cochins I got locally so I didn't know what colors they were. Can you change chickens into girls before they grow up?
tongue.png
this kinda sucks though, considering we don't eat anything and rarely sell our animals...

The first one does look like a speckled sussex, I had one just like it. The second is a buff, third is black. Sumatras are a type of game, at least body style-wise. Games don't get very big, so it's probably right
smile.png

Your first one is a Speckled Sussex, no worries! Mine are about 6 weeks and still have the white on their bellies like yours.

First one is a Speckled Sussex and a cockerel for sure.
The second is a Buff Cochin, pullet, I think.
The next one is a Black Cochin. Did you order Blue?
I know absolutely nothing about Sumatras. I think it may be a bit early to tell gender though.
You can get all these breeds from McMurray, which is closer than Meyer if I am not mistaken and I have had wonderful experiences with them.

I saw your page, what happened to the ones with the stubby beaks?

Back
Top Bottom