1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The Hen House is 95% DONE - *Pics*

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by mommto3kiddos, May 6, 2011.

1. mommto3kiddos

mommto3kiddos Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    My 2boys & 2 year old daughter along with finish painting the coop yesterday. The chicken girls have been out in it for about 2.5 weeks now and LOVE it!! Here are some pictures of "The Hen House" [​IMG]

Still left to do is...
    - add bottom door
    - Add hindges to top of run access so I can take out the 2x8s
    - Put in nest boxes (They go on the right side in the empty space!!

*Neat feature hubby added (bc he knows my addiction) is the front run pannel comes off with like 10 screws. Its all one peice so you remove it and can add those pannels to extend the run... hints more future chickens!!

Oh and we did go ahead with the 1/4" hardware cloth - LOVE IT!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    I love it. We are building a big coop, however, my DH isn't aware, somewhere back in my mind is a smaller coop elsewhere on the property where the bantums could live. . . don't tell. I love it, you did a great job, it looks so clean and neat! Perfect for your backyard.

3. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    Looks great!

4. farmerinKC

farmerinKC Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Your coop looks very nice-my son is still working on ours. I am anxious for my nine to be outdoors!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by