The Hen/Roo Game - 14 weeks

It was the green that was confusing me. Never seen that on a production red type.
Green, blue, or any kind of sheen on feathers is purely not an indicator of sex. It is the sunlight making the feathers shine, and the chicken has no control over it no matter what gender they are. It is just how their feathers look.

Here are a few more photos of just Luna. She actually tends to get picked on a bit more and pushed out of group activities.

Attachments

• IMG_3014.jpeg
    IMG_3014.jpeg
    742.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3019.jpeg
    IMG_3019.jpeg
    287.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3006.jpeg
    IMG_3006.jpeg
    704.5 KB · Views: 8
Here are a few more photos of just Luna. She actually tends to get picked on a bit more and pushed out of group activities.
Definitely a pullet, and it sounds as if she is low on the pecking order as well. Her tail looks like it is missing some feathers-is that from her growing, or is that from other chickens pecking on her?

Definitely a pullet, and it sounds as if she is low on the pecking order as well. Her tail looks like it is missing some feathers-is that from her growing, or is that from other chickens pecking on her?
It’s her growing. Everyone else has feathered in so much more, she is definitely “behind” in development compared to the others. She is my only chick who I had to battle pasty butt with early on. Lots of butt baths. I haven’t seen anyone peck on her but if they are out in the yard she sometimes gets chased away from the group. And there are times where hens will run up to her and they square up but Luna holds her ground now and there’s never anything more than some ruffling and puffing.

Back
Top Bottom