The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

A few Large fowl are now available.

Oldest group of large fowl is now mature enough enough for me to sort through and do a little bit of cicken pickin'. If you know anyone still searching to get a start with these venerable birds, just drop me a note. Thanks.

I'll be sorting through the oldest of the bantams this evening as well.

Oldest group of large fowl is now mature enough enough for me to sort through and do a little bit of cicken pickin'. If you know anyone still searching to get a start with these venerable birds, just drop me a note. Thanks.

You wouldn't ship, would you? I don't exactly know where you are, but I'm nowhere near the 45th parallel.

Fred, where do you go Down South when it's not hot?

Fred, where do you go Down South when it's not hot?

Haven't settled "permanently" anywhere quite yet for our winter home. Still RVing and searching. TX to SC and everywhere inbetween. NOLA is our second "home" and where our heart is, but just love visiting almost annually, just not up for living there full time again.

Haven't settled "permanently" anywhere quite yet for our winter home. Still RVing and searching. TX to SC and everywhere inbetween. NOLA is our second "home" and where our heart is, but just love visiting almost annually, just not up for living there full time again.
There is a lawyer in the neighboring town whose wife went missing in NO. She was last seen coming out of her hotel on Canal St, and hasn't been seen since early Saturday morning. There is a posting on Facebook that said she is schizophrenic and bi-polar, and may be off her meds. Lovely city, but probably not the best place to be wandering around in the wee hours of the morning...

Quote:
Just curious. For many years we summered in the North East but a fellow that took care of the birds died of a heart attack and I just don't feel comfortable leaving the birds with anyone and I'm tired of the long drive. We don't have our place up there anymore either. It was fun when we were younger but hubby has Parkinson's so he has some mobility issues.

You gonna start breeding now? That'd be great. Didn't know if you could keep cockbirds around or not.

I can't get a roo just yet, but will be looking to get one around this time next year. I would love to start breeding now, but as you know we are still stuck in this situation where I cannot keep one. As of now I'm just looking around for some good quality stock. Anything you think would have the genetics to throw some nice kids would be fantastic. Unless you want me to wait until next year when I can get a roo...which is fine. I can't start breeding until I get a roo anyway. But right now, Im just trying to gain as much information as I can, attend shows, learn about the birds and the standards, talk to the judges, etc. so I know what I'm doing when I get the birds. The only thing worse than waiting is being unprepared!

I can't get a roo just yet, but will be looking to get one around this time next year. I would love to start breeding now, but as you know we are still stuck in this situation where I cannot keep one. As of now I'm just looking around for some good quality stock. Anything you think would have the genetics to throw some nice kids would be fantastic. Unless you want me to wait until next year when I can get a roo...which is fine. I can't start breeding until I get a roo anyway. But right now, Im just trying to gain as much information as I can, attend shows, learn about the birds and the standards, talk to the judges, etc. so I know what I'm doing when I get the birds. The only thing worse than waiting is being unprepared!

Well bless your heart. When you go "shopping" for good breeding stock, do not use the "roo" word or the chances are pretty good that your phone messages or emails will go unanswered.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom