The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

One of the hatchery RIR youngsters free ranging… they love their new freedom to hunt and gather.

12663396-50FC-49E7-A04C-53CD3CFCFD9B.jpeg

The RC RIR from Show Line Hatching Eggs arrived! Cross the fingers folks I get a good hatch rate.

The breeder of the RIR hatching eggs told me the lines are Dick Horstman (PA).

Well the heritage RIW came today from Sugar Feather Farm… I ordered 6 eggs, they shipped 7 so that’s good. The eggs appear a bit darker than the RIR ones, but also less uniform in colour. They are now in our secondary incubator… packaging looked good as well. Lots of wood chips with the eggs wrapped in individual foam packaging.
0C8AD50E-A7FD-45E3-9BDD-94346C868249.jpeg

Last edited:
The breeder of the RIR hatching eggs told me the lines are Dick Horstman (PA).

Well the heritage RIW came today from Sugar Feather Farm… I ordered 6 eggs, they shipped 7 so that’s good. The eggs appear a bit darker than the RIR ones, but also less uniform in colour. They are now in our secondary incubator… packaging looked good as well. Lots of wood chips with the eggs wrapped in individual foam packaging.View attachment 3052810
Wishing you the best of luck

I’ve got signs of life!
RIR hatching!
This is most likely going to be my only one, but still praying a second one pips. In addition today is lock down day for the RIW heritage eggs… one egg is stuck in that incubator (candled it, it has a hairline crack, never did anything). The white incubator has been hard as heck to regulate this year. So I made the decision to move the remaining 5 eggs quickly to the RIR incubator which is a way more stable incubator humidity wise. I honestly think only 1 egg in the white group has a solid possible live chick in it, a few other eggs are super dark so they might be maybes. Anyway the RIR eggs are marked so easy to tell apart from the RIW and I put the really dodgy whites on one side and the might hatch ones on the other side… prayers welcome. Come on little peepers…
7783A19A-F8E4-4456-84D3-1817F8E7C39F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom