The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

The eggs have to be packed well enough to take a 6 foot drop into a bin and then have boxes drop onto it.

Check the link in my Signature line to the Great Egg Shipping Experiment.
Exactly that why the alternate route of shipping them in the live boxes just makes a lot more sense to me.

Jeff

Yes, getting them out of the normal conveyor belt drop it in a box system would help. Especially for those rare Reds we have here.
On my site (best days for setting eggs page) I have pictures and info of how I packed eggs. The pictures are what they arrived like. The customer was good enough to send me the pictures. I've had 100% good luck. Never a cracked or broken egg. The shippers can't think that they will cheat just to make an extra dollar.

Last edited:
I am wondering if my rhode island reds are a heritage or what. My rooster(Big Red)is a dark burgandy red with green.My hen(Dixie)is a light tan with white mixed in,and my other hen (burgandy aka burg) is a deep burgandy. I know for a fact Burg has a brick shapped body ,but not sure on Big Red or Dixie.The only reason for that is because im not able to get.close enough to feel Big Red over. And the reason for Dixie is because she is a fluff ball.

Last edited:
I am wondering if my rhode island reds are a heritage or what. My rooster(Big Red)is a dark burgandy red with green.My hen(Dixie)is a light tan with white mixed in,and my other hen (burgandy aka burg) is a deep burgandy. I know for a fact Burg has a brick shapped body ,but not sure on Big Red or Dixie.The only reason for that is because im not able to get.close enough to feel Big Red over. And the reason for Dixie is because she is a fluff ball.

Post pictures when you can.

Welcome to BYC!

Welcome dixierir from another Tennesean.
If you will take several pica of each we should be able to tell you if they are production Reds or not. It would also help if we knew where they came from. There are very few folks in TN who have true heritage birds... but the numbers are increasing.

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
I agree, pictures would be helpful.

Here are some of my birds. These pictures were taken quite awhile ago.

These are the parents

These are my younger birds

Here is one at a show.

pullets

Here are some Red Sex-Links, Rhode Island Whites and Heritage Rhode Island Reds.A few months ago.

Quote:
I wonder if it would be possible to have this fob "remade" in Bob's honor? Doesn't have to be "official" but available here with funds to BYC for continued access. Reds were his passion that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom