The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

If he had everything else going for him I sure would not cull him for that. I do not know how many point combs are but they are not that many.

Scott

No. Extra points are literally a 1/2 point cut out of 100. Don't worry about it. If he's your best bodied bird, use him.
thumbsup.gif

Very nice Jim!!!! The green grass is also very nice looks a lot better then the snow.

Scott

Yes Scott, it is great to see the green grass but the snow doesn't bother me as much as the frigid cold. I think I'd rather be shoveling some snow then be breaking the ice out of all the water fountains 2 or 3 times a day and carrying 5 gal buckets of warm water for them to drink. lol   I think my age is beginning to catch up with me with the winter outside work. lol  I really do think that this coming summer I am going to have to make a lot of changes with the amount of pens I have before another winter comes. Gosh, this hobby is becoming to much like another job. 
Just a little about me to let you know why I say this.  I have a 16 room house to take care of, a couple of mentally challenged persons, 3 chihuahua dogs approx 90+ chickens and do everything totally by myself. This includes the cleaning, washing cloths, cooking/baking, running these folks to doctors, running to grocery store etc. Then when summer is here it is all the outside cleanup, grass mowing etc.  I didn't mind it a few years ago but it just seems that every year it gets a little harder to take care of. lol Today I have a blocked up chimney from my coal furnace so I have to take all the pipes off and clean out the chimney that goes approx 35 feet from basement to roof. I will have a real mess with all of that soot.  If you've never had to do anything like this, I can tell you it makes one heck of a mess throughout the whole house. Black soot everywhere. Oh my. Thank God that our weather has warmed up enough that the house won't get that cold while I get this messy job done. Well, got to go get lunch ready then jump into this job. 
Life is great and every day is a new challenge. Thank God that I am in pretty good health and can get around like I do. 
Jim 

My goodness, Jimmyjay, you must be really strong to be able to take care of it all! Wow! amazing! Please try to take some time off for yourself.

I love the photos you have posted; gorgeous birds, and very good photography.

Lual

My goodness, Jimmyjay, you must be really strong to be able to take care of it all! Wow! amazing! Please try to take some time off for yourself.

Lual
Thank you thank you for the complement on the birds. If you'd see me right now you wouldn't think I was so strong. lol I am tee totally beat. That old chimney and furnace really did me in today. ha,ha,ha Got the birds all taken care of, the folks have their bellies full with supper, the dogs are fed, all the dishes done and I'm not doing anything else tonight. lol
Now let me tell you the biggest shocker. This is the honest to God's truth. I would never lie to you. I have not had a day off since August 28 1994. As true as God lets me live, this is the truth. I love my critters, my home and my job. lol When you say old fashioned, that's me. I do go to church one night a week. lol
Jim

Lual

Thank you thank you for the complement on the birds.   If you'd see me right now you wouldn't think I was so strong. lol  I am tee totally beat. That old chimney and furnace really did me in today. ha,ha,ha    Got the birds all taken care of, the folks have their bellies full with supper, the dogs are fed, all the dishes done and I'm not doing anything else tonight. lol   
Now let me tell you the biggest shocker. This is the honest to God's truth. I would never lie to you. I have not had a day off since August 28 1994.  As true as God lets me live, this is the truth.  I love my critters, my home and my job. lol   When you say old fashioned, that's me. I do go to church one night a week. lol  
Jim 

Ohhh, I am quite taken by your birds! It is so very obvious in the photos how wonderfully they are being taken care of, Jimmyjay! I believe you have not had any vacation for so many years. I deal with the need of 50 hour days dilemma as well : ) All these beings big and small, are very fortunate to be in your compassionate care.

Lual

Back
Top Bottom