The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

I hear mine singing Sweet Home Alabama once in a while too even though I don't have the original birds I got from Matt a few years ago, but all of the birds I have now are offspring of them. A fox got the girls and the cock died. I got the fox. My avatar is a male I got from Matt at the Lake City show in January.
My avatar birds are chicks I raised from Matt also and the male is affectionately called Bob after our dear ole buddy.

Jimmy

I've always heard that all good things are worth waiting for.
thumbsup.gif

Jimmy
Yes they are. Except I've waited around for what I thought was a good thing and turned out to be my ex-wife.
lau.gif

Quote:
Thanks Matt. We love them all...
love.gif
I will name one of my young males Bob. I have a Maurice and a Wallace for Maurice Wallace who started the breed in Canada. I sure do miss Bob's wisdom and am so greatfull you preserved his works. Every now and then I go back to an article he has written. I also go to your website. I love to read them and learn.

I might be able to pass the name Bob on to a bird. I need to look up the characters in Mr. Rogers. So far my children have named the roosters after colors or after people in the Mr Rogers show. We have a Fred and a Blue. Used to have a Prince Tuesday and a King Friday as well.
But I'm thinking there was a Bob on that show. I'll find out for sure later tonight as my children like to watch Mr Rogers as a way to wind down as I make supper.

I might be able to pass the name Bob on to a bird. I need to look up the characters in Mr. Rogers. So far my children have named the roosters after colors or after people in the Mr Rogers show. We have a Fred and a Blue. Used to have a Prince Tuesday and a King Friday as well.
But I'm thinking there was a Bob on that show. I'll find out for sure later tonight as my children like to watch Mr Rogers as a way to wind down as I make supper.

I'm curious??? My kids are old kids and they never had kids???
prariedog1.gif

Yes there was a Bob. He was a fix it up repair guy and he played wicked knife and fork in one of the operas in Make Believe land. I think I'll have a rooster named Bob soon too. Now I just need to wait to see which of the young ones I keep. I'd hate to name a chicken dinner Bob.
Poor ole Bob. He was a good ole bird while he lasted. Good one Sally. LOL

I do name the males to keep track of what male I use with what females. The special females have names but most do not. My current avatar is Wallace.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom