The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

I have had so many calls and emails so thought it would be a good idea to let everyone know:
We have RIR chicks, Pairs and Trios available for anyone serious about having some of these awesome Choctaw line reds. Both SC and Rose comb available. send me personal email or call me for details. we can ship. Also have hatching eggs available.

Gatekeeper

39871_0412111514.jpg

39871_0412111505a.jpg

Last edited:
Was Just Wondering If Anyone Had Any Started Pullets For Sale. Looking To Buy Around 6-8 And Maybe A Young Rooster To Go With Them.

My grandgirl, Calli has just started with Rose comb RIR. She has one rooster and 3 hens, were 6mo when she got them last month. I believe the will be a 4-H project for her. They are so big that I was leary of her getting on her knees to "talk" to them...it is the funniest thing, the rooster will come up to her, eat out of her hand, and will awnser her back when she cluck at him! He has a Very large rose comb, and one of the hens is a rose comb, the other 2 are straight combs. Would you know of anything interesting she could tell the fair judge for this project?
I enjoyed your message.

here some pics of my RIR's

IMG_0081.jpg

this is a pic of my starter flock, all ordered from a hatchery, they are 3 years old, the one with the rooster dmg hasnt molted since i gave my rooster their own pen (been over a year), she has green on her wings all tho you cant tell very well in the pic

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

this is her baby, she hatched last year, notice the dark colors and the high amounts of green, thinking i want to keep then gene going

IMG_0083.jpg

this is another one of my little ones i hatched last year

IMG_0099.jpg

this is my rooster, mr. Red

IMG_0097.jpg

what do you all think? not bad for hatchery stock huh?

now to get me some good heritage RIR lines

think my rooster would be decent to breed with some?

What a great thread. I hope that more people will share pictures of what their coops look like. Will anybody out there who breeds RIR's show their coop system? I am interested in a real breeding setup and growing pens, not the little cute doll house coop. What works best? How much room is functional for a good breeding system?

cowboygourmet, what exactly is the "Choctaw" line of Rhode Island Reds? I am not familiar with this line. I am very familiar with the "Mohawk" line of RIR's but have never heard of the Choctaw line.

Back
Top Bottom