The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

Lilith trembled as he asked about her father, feeling guilt cloud her mind. She glanced up at him, squinting at his face-- His name, Kevin, sounded so familiar, and yet she had no memories of him. Perhaps he was some relative she had met when she was young, off her father's side of the family? She hadn't met many of his, both his parents had died before she was born and he didn't have any siblings, but maybe Kevin was one of her father's younger cousins?
"Don't heal me. I can tell you're weak, too." She murmured, blinking. Something about his powers was very familiar, with how the warmth traveled throughout her body. But if he isn't Dad's cousin, maybe he's my doctor?
She shook her head, remembering his question about her father. "Dad... He's gone. We-- We were in the car, they were arguing again... I didn't mean to hurt him, I didn't." She lowered her face again, feeling his beard tickle her sensitive skin. "I can't remember much... They were so mad. I don't understand any of it." More tears were flowing down her skin, but she was trying to silence her crying. I need to figure out what's going on. That's what Dad would do.

Kevin shook his head. “No, it’s okay.” He said, trying yet again to heal her wounds. Somehow her knowing what he was feeling didn’t surprise him. Wait... does that mean she knows? About my partner? He shook that thought from his head, blocking out the images. That didn’t matter right now. She was hurt, and lost.
“It wasn’t your fault,” Kevin said, stroking her hair. “It was an accident. I’m sure he would’ve understood that.”

Kylan blinked at her sudden change in behavior, before giving another smile. "That's a nice name, Aria. I'm pretty sure you already know my name though, Kylan. I'm trying to find out how we got here, do you wanna help me?"
“Sure. As long as Samantha isn’t here” she said darkly before brightening back up “so whewe are ew fwom?”

Take started to swim his way back over to Blair, noticing that his arm had healed and regained complete functionality of his hand. This is a healing pond.. Suddenly, the water around him started to boil and release steam all around him, clouding his vision. What the hell..? Why- Where am I..? Pain shot throughout his body, like something invisible was bashing his face, clawing and kicking at him. That’s when he heard voices of children, all around him, shouting insults and names at him.
Demon!
You hurt her!
You’re a monster!
He’s a big meanie!
Freak!

He quickly crawled out of the water, cowering in fear on the ground choking out sobs in his eleven year old body. Unbeknownst to him, his hands and arms were glowing, radiating intense heat as he dug his fingers into the ground. Everything hurt, his face, arms, legs, chest, stomach, everything. His body was entirely beat up, and it was overwhelming. He rolled up into a ball, hugging his bruised knees as he cried out, taking gasping breaths to breathe through the tears. Take could taste the blood that flowed his nose as well, “I-I-I d-didn’t mean it..! I did-didn’t mean it! It waswas an accident!” he choked out, believing the kids still stood around him.
Blair raised her head. There was a boy, who was covered in bruises and wounds. She blinked, trying to see him better through the tears, and dragged herself over the him, her breath ragged. He seemed familiar, the way he looked, his hair, his scent–
Wait, his scent?
Yes, his scent. He smelled warm, faintly like berries, and it was familiar. Comforting. But she couldn't place a name to the poor boy in front of her. "What? W-what?" The arm she had been supporting herself with gave out on her, and she struggling to keep herself upright. Everything was spinning, and she couldn't stop it. But the boy in front of her kept her from succumbing to the darkness that blurred the edges of her vision. "Didn't...m-mean w-w-what?"

Kevin shook his head. “No, it’s okay.” He said, trying yet again to heal her wounds. Somehow her knowing what he was feeling didn’t surprise him. Wait... does that mean she knows? About my partner? He shook that thought from his head, blocking out the images. That didn’t matter right now. She was hurt, and lost.
“It wasn’t your fault,” Kevin said, stroking her hair. “It was an accident. I’m sure he would’ve understood that.”
Lilith nodded, her face still hidden in his shoulder. ...Would he, though? Maybe, Dad was always so forgiving... I wonder if he still would be.
Lilith blinked, swallowing hard. "Are... Are you the doctor, from the hospital? The one who said I wouldn't make it? I can't remember how I got here, but somehow I know you." She hiccuped, sneaking another glance at his face. For a second, she almost placed who he was-- But even that faded away. "Or... Did you know Dad?" She looked away, realizing that if he indeed was her father's relative, then perhaps he'd suddenly recognize her and blame her for all the suffering she'd brought.

“Sure. As long as Samantha isn’t here” she said darkly before brightening back up “so whewe are ew fwom?”
“Actuawy can we have a game of tagw fewst?” Aria asked her eyes sparkling
"I'm from Lexington, Kentucky." Kylan answered automatically, but he frowned at her second request. But I need to get back to Mom, and Dad, and Torin... He nodded, smiling to hide his pain. "Okay, but! I have a question." He said, deciding to use this to his advantage. "I need to find our parents... So, if you see them, tag them or anyone else you know in too." He raised to his feet, before turning tail and setting off at a sluggish run. "C'mon, Aria, catch me!"

"I'm from Lexington, Kentucky." Kylan answered automatically, but he frowned at her second request. But I need to get back to Mom, and Dad, and Torin... He nodded, smiling to hide his pain. "Okay, but! I have a question." He said, deciding to use this to his advantage. "I need to find our parents... So, if you see them, tag them or anyone else you know in too." He raised to his feet, before turning tail and setting off at a sluggish run. "C'mon, Aria, catch me!"
Aria teleported in front of him “tag!” She cried

Blair raised her head. There was a boy, who was covered in bruises and wounds. She blinked, trying to see him better through the tears, and dragged herself over the him, her breath ragged. He seemed familiar, the way he looked, his hair, his scent–
Wait, his scent?
Yes, his scent. He smelled warm, faintly like berries, and it was familiar. Comforting. But she couldn't place a name to the poor boy in front of her. "What? W-what?" The arm she had been supporting herself with gave out on her, and she struggling to keep herself upright. Everything was spinning, and she couldn't stop it. But the boy in front of her kept her from succumbing to the darkness that blurred the edges of her vision. "Didn't...m-mean w-w-what?"
Take froze at the sound of girls voice, Who’s that? Where are the others..? his head rose carefully, his eyelids lifting to see who it was. The orange glow from his arms faded unconsciously, and he wiped the tears from his eyes away, though he saw absolutely nothing from his left eye. His finger tips hovered over it, feeling the sore and swollen skin around it that forced his eye shut. A black eye. He could sense the scratches and cuts on his face, along with the skin that was missing from his chin from when he was pushed down on the concrete. He stared at the young girl in complete fear, nearly hiding his head again if it weren’t her yellow eyes. They were familiar to him, like he knew her, but he couldn’t remember. “I-I hurt someone... but I didn’t mean to.. it just happened...” he squeaked.

Lilith nodded, her face still hidden in his shoulder. ...Would he, though? Maybe, Dad was always so forgiving... I wonder if he still would be.
Lilith blinked, swallowing hard. "Are... Are you the doctor, from the hospital? The one who said I wouldn't make it? I can't remember how I got here, but somehow I know you." She hiccuped, sneaking another glance at his face. For a second, she almost placed who he was-- But even that faded away. "Or... Did you know Dad?" She looked away, realizing that if he indeed was her father's relative, then perhaps he'd suddenly recognize her and blame her for all the suffering she'd brought.

Kevin shook his head. “No, no, I’m not a doctor. What’s his name? I don’t think I know him...” he tried to remember her, or her father, or anything, but he came up with nothing. It was confusing, and kind of scary. “I don’t... I don’t remember how I got here, either. But we’ll get you back home, okay? We’ll find your mother, and we’ll get you to a hospital so you can get better.” He looked down at her. He knew he knew her, yet he couldn’t pull it, which was making him extremely frustrated.

Back
Top Bottom