The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

"Be careful, okay?" He asked, but didn't have enough time to hear her response because the dragon was moving toward them
Ellie’s eyes narrowed and began to heat up. She could feel the heat on her cheeks. She stood next to Carson. “Where is death-voice girl when you need her” she muttered.

Eve stumbled over rocks terror making her run. She ran as fast as her legs would carry her over the rocks, honestly she was surprised she hadn’t lost her shoes yet.

Ellie’s eyes narrowed and began to heat up. She could feel the heat on her cheeks. She stood next to Carson. “Where is death-voice girl when you need her” she muttered.

Eve stumbled over rocks terror making her run. She ran as fast as her legs would carry her over the rocks, honestly she was surprised she hadn’t lost her shoes yet.
Buck's fur was bushed and he let out a furious roar as it came closer, inch by inch, almost toying with them.
Carson stood between Ellie and Buck, ready to signal for Buck to pounce and himself to stab the dagger into its eyes. It only needed to get a little closer...

Buck's fur was bushed and he let out a furious roar as it came closer, inch by inch, almost toying with them.
Carson stood between Ellie and Buck, ready to signal for Buck to pounce and himself to stab the dagger into its eyes. It only needed to get a little closer...
Ellie’s eyes glowed ready to strike it with electricity

Aria walked up the slope as fast as she could being this cold.
Korim walked into the entryway, flanked by Timit. Cam scrambled up the slippery stones, finding strength in the promise of shelter. As Cam slumped in the cave entrance, she hardly noticed the enormity of it, or the fathomless depths of the cave beyond, or Timit’s incessant fluttering in circles and chattering. He had been doing that for as long as she’d known him. Frankly, dragons could be annoying.
Korim, however, noticed the change immediately. What had been a laundry list of complaints ranging from aching wings to hypothermia now became a frantic warning.
“Korim! Don’t go in there!” Timit fluttered in Korim’s face, which was turned towards the darkness in the cave beyond. Smoke billowed from his nostrils. The more fearful Timit became, the more smoke would puff from his nostrils. That and a couple of inhaled feathers caused Korim to sneeze. “It’s dangerous! There’s a dragon! Very big! Very dangerous! Probably wants us for dinner!”
Rylie also looked very alarmed, but for his credit, he stayed at his master’s side instead of following his bolting instinct which he appeared to be struggling to fight.
“A dragon? I should have sent you ahead to investigate,” Korim said. His knees locked with fear.
Kyle was also beginning to realize that something was up, but Cam was totally clueless.
“Everyone must listen,” he said calmly. “Do not panic, for the hearing of a dragon isn’t very sensitive, and it may not have heard us yet, especially if he is asleep. If we don’t yell, we may be able to get away in time. There is a massive dragon in this cave, and I would like to suggest that we escape while we still can.”

Cam’s heart skipped a beat. She’d hardly been paying attention at first, but it slowly began to dawn on her. Their worst fears had come true. “D-dragon...” And she doubted Korim meant the one flying around his shoulders.
“Well, let’s go!” Kyle exclaimed, jumping to Rylie’s back.
Kylan tensed the moment they stepped in, hearing Korim's warning. His heart dropped, shivering at the thought of some unseen giant creature waiting in the darkness to attack them.
So, unlike Aella, he headed it and began backing up, glancing at Aria and jerking his head back. "Time for us to go..." He whispered breathlessly, wincing at even that bit of noise.
(Hey, don’t worry about it. Take as much time as you need.)
“Ah, I see,” Kevin said, nodding slowly. “I had a... a friend, that used to always try to get me in to painting. Unfortunately I’ve never had the time nor patience to do it. One of these days, though. One of these days...” he trailed off, watching as they passed a group of tiny rodent-like creatures. His face took on a red hue as she explained the joke, mentally cursing himself for not understanding something as simple as that. I should really take a few more English classes. He thought, scratching the back of his hair.
“Heh, that’s embarrassing. I should’ve understood something as simple as that.” Kevin said, dropping his hand. It’s a good thing my brother isn’t here right now. I would never hear the end of it.
As they neared the edge of the forest, Kevin hesitated. He really didn’t want to go out of the safety of the trees and into the rain, but he saw no other choice. He could see the rest of the group now, and cringed at how slippery it looked. Shaking his head, he glanced at Lilith. “This’ll be fun,” he said sarcastically, scanning the mountain for the best way to start and the least amount of mud.
(Thanks!)
Lilith nodded, listening to him speak about his friend. She kept quiet this time, however, unsure of what to say exactly.
She laughed at his embarrassment, glancing at him. "Well, I should probably work on my jokes." She said lightheartedly, but she quickly sobered up as they stepped out of the trees, eyes scanning the soaked and muddied slope.
She opened her mouth to agree with him, but paused, sensing a feeling of unease and fear radiating from the group now in the cave. "Something isn't right," She muttered, setting off in their direction at a steady pace.
Aria’s jaw dropped, “seriously?” She glared at the dragon “now?!” She pushed herself into action and scrambled over rocks and boulders looking over her shoulder to make sure Kylan was coming.
@RiverStorm
(Sorry, I was out of town yesterday)
Now satisfied that Aria was out of the cave safe, Kylan scrambled back, catching up to her. Why? Why is there a freaking dragon here? I have to get Aria away... Where's Lilith?

At the sight of the huge, green-scaled dragon, Lilith apparently lost all self preservation in her body and flung herself forward, desperate to get to Kylan and Aria in time to help them-- At which time her foot conveniently got caught on a stone and caused her to face plant in the mud. She stayed that way in a sort of stressed daze for a moment, before pushing her now grimy body up off the ground.

Carson stood just outside the cave, glaring at it defiantly. "You won't be eating any of us." He spat, thumbing the dagger.
Korim was shaking in his boots, knowing the dragon could strike at any moment. “That is not how you talk to a dragon!” he hissed. “If you threaten...”
The dragon reached out an arm and held Carson up in his claws. As he spoke, smoke billowed into poor Carson’s face.
“Now here’s a hero trying to save a maiden in distress. Perhaps he’ll make a good appetizer,” the dragon hissed.
Korim spoke up, though he was unhopeful that Carson would be spared of his demise.
“Now, that’s a good question,” he said hurriedly. “Who would you eat first? Now, clearly, there are a lot of options, but which is the best? I would suggest...“
“A talkative one, two actually...”
the dragon drawled. “Now, normally I don’t get to speak with someone before eating them. And it gets soooo lonely up in this cave sometimes...” He held up Korim next to Carson as if weighing them. Korim screamed. “Eve!”

Kylan tensed the moment they stepped in, hearing Korim's warning. His heart dropped, shivering at the thought of some unseen giant creature waiting in the darkness to attack them.
So, unlike Aella, he headed it and began backing up, glancing at Aria and jerking his head back. "Time for us to go..." He whispered breathlessly, wincing at even that bit of noise.

(Thanks!)
Lilith nodded, listening to him speak about his friend. She kept quiet this time, however, unsure of what to say exactly.
She laughed at his embarrassment, glancing at him. "Well, I should probably work on my jokes." She said lightheartedly, but she quickly sobered up as they stepped out of the trees, eyes scanning the soaked and muddied slope.
She opened her mouth to agree with him, but paused, sensing a feeling of unease and fear radiating from the group now in the cave. "Something isn't right," She muttered, setting off in their direction at a steady pace.

Now satisfied that Aria was out of the cave safe, Kylan scrambled back, catching up to her. Why? Why is there a freaking dragon here? I have to get Aria away... Where's Lilith?

At the sight of the huge, green-scaled dragon, Lilith apparently lost all self preservation in her body and flung herself forward, desperate to get to Kylan and Aria in time to help them-- At which time her foot conveniently got caught on a stone and caused her to face plant in the mud. She stayed that way in a sort of stressed daze for a moment, before pushing her now grimy body up off the ground.

Kevin smiled, glancing at her out of corner of his eye. “No, no, I just need to touch up on my English classes. Your jokes are fine.” He said.
He adjusted his gun and birds, and started climbing the mountain. It wasn’t hard, and he actually found it fun, had it not been so muddy. Once they reached the cave, Kevin pulled his gun out, seeing the large dragon. Unlike the ones in the barn, he doubted anyone here could convince it to let them go.
He cursed in Russian as Lilith ran towards the dragon, and not away. He followed closely by her side, grimacing. If she was going to get eaten, he refused to just stand back and watch.
“You okay?” Kevin asked, yanking Lilith to her feet. His eyes scanned the faces, locking on to Kylan and Aria. They weren’t the farthest away, but they certainly weren’t the closest. “Alright, c’mon. We need to get out of here, I can’t shoot her,” Kevin said backing up, Lilith’s arm still in his hand.

Korim was shaking in his boots, knowing the dragon could strike at any moment. “That is not how you talk to a dragon!” he hissed. “If you threaten...”
The dragon reached out an arm and held Carson up in his claws. As he spoke, smoke billowed into poor Carson’s face.
“Now here’s a hero trying to save a maiden in distress. Perhaps he’ll make a good appetizer,” the dragon hissed.
Korim spoke up, though he was unhopeful that Carson would be spared of his demise.
“Now, that’s a good question,” he said hurriedly. “Who would you eat first? Now, clearly, there are a lot of options, but which is the best? I would suggest...“
the dragon drawled. “Now, normally I don’t get to speak with someone before eating them. And it gets soooo lonely up in this cave sometimes...” He held up Korim next to Carson as if weighing them. Korim screamed. “Eve!”
Carson pressed down his terror, trying to keep a cool head. He wouldn't be able to fight well if he was too filled with fear. "Please, just let us go in peace. We didn't realize this was your cave. We will leave if you just let us go."
Buck let out a roar of dismay as the dragon scooped up Carson. He debated whether or not to pounce

(Thanks!)

“Where’s Kevin?” Aria asked “I can get us up ahead without anyone getting hurt”.

Eve turned hearing her name. She ran, back to the cave. She edged her way inside hearing the shouts of fear and the voices over the roars. Eve blinked at the scene in front of her, Korim and cougar dude were being weighed by a huge dragon and a cougar and a girl with a long plait were standing at it’s feet. How was she meant to make sure they couldn’t hear her like this? She covered her ears hoping they would take the hint “put them down”

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom