The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

"I can now since I'm a linguist." She said happily. "Oh, no, I'm Chion." She looked around suspiciously eyeing everyone around them. "I'm a mimic." She whispered again trying to not let anyone else hear but him.
“No way you’re Chion!” Noah shouted. He then asked a very loud question. “What’s a mimic?”
Take came upon the doors of the transformation room, and picked up his sword that he carelessly left on the floor the other day. He barely spent any time actually guarding said room since he spent most of the time being troublesome with the guards. Take was definitely not their favorite person to deal with at this point, and he had only been there for a few days. He came up to the massive wooden doors and put the blade of the sword in his teeth as he lifted the plank that barred them shut from the outside. He leaned the plank against the wall and creaked one of the heavy doors open with a hand, peeking into the quiet and dark abyss of the sanctum. Before entering, he gave a glance back into the hall to make sure there was no one nearby. His eyes adjusted to night vision, and he was allowed to see how wide and empty the space was, except for what looked like an operating table in the center. He shut the door behind him, creating a low squeal that bothered his ears. Shut up you freaking door... Entering even further, Take was only able to hear the sound of his own breathing and footsteps that echoed off the ceiling. The operating table wasn't modern or spectacular in anyway, it was completely made of metal and looked steam-punkish. He set his sword down on the table, assuming he wouldn't have to use it in here. What was the reason that he decided to come here? He hoped there would be instruments that he could use to aid in their escape, but he didn't know what to expect in a 'transformation room'. So far, there was nothing that could be of use, until he investigated even further on the other side of the room, finding a cabinet that held small bags of a powdery, glittery loose particles. He didn't dare to bring it directly up to his face when he assumed it could be the sleeping powder. Gotta take one of these suckers.. He put the small bag in one of his pockets and started down a vast tunnel. His eyes widened when he noticed at the end, was a light, an opening to the outside world. Take fastened his pace from a walk, to a jog, and finally a run, hearing the sounds of a whistling wind growing louder with each step. When he reached the end, he was brought upon the sight of mountain ranges and dense clouds hovering up in the sky ominously. It wasn't exactly what he was expecting, but he was glad to see the outside world again, no longer in the stuffy closed spaces of the Dakrium. A smile formed on his face as he stepped out on the cliff, a breeze flowing through his choppily cut hair and tickling his skin. He just wanted to stand out there forever, taking in the sights and bask in the sun if it ever shone through. If only Blair was here to see this... His smile slowly faded away, his peaceful daydreaming coming to an end as he remembered the situation he was still in. I think I can get the kids out through here.. His eyes scanned the sides of the tunnel entrance, looking if it was safe enough for them to scale down. There was definitely some large sturdy rocks on the mountain for them to hold onto, but it was incredibly steep, and risky. These kids will be able to go down this.. right? Thats when Take heard the creaking sound of the doors deep within the room, his head snapping to the side, gazing down the tunnel and letting out a harsh curse under his breath.
A dude with white hair and skin and a frosty particle effect swirling around him was flanked by another, seemingly ordinary brown-haired guy. What wasn’t normal was the seemingly permanent grin the man carried.
The ice dude launched a bolt of ice at Take and turned him into Frozen Taco without a fight, because let’s be honest, these Borealans could be OP.
Frozen Taco began to unthaw immediately-excuse my Wisconsin- due to his awesome hotness. However, ordinary brown-haired guy picked him up and carried him using what the uneducated people of this world would call the fireman’s carry, but we are among the enlightened, and know that it should only be referred to as the bridal carry.
Unfortunately, Taco was melting and slippery, and the ice had added a great deal of weight to him. Smile Guy was losing his grip on Take. It became clear that the only way to move him would be to slide him, which turned out to be as easy as a hockey puck over ice.
“Something must be done about him,” Icy Brooding Dude said, his voice as full as ice as an iceberg riding a glacier into Lake Superior.
Thus, Taco slid right in temporary confinement.

Kyle, who had mounted Rylie, noted that Korim was finally going on ahead. The rest of the group blundered at a glacial pace, apparently not paying attention to the fact Korim had moved on several pages ago.
Kyle had been among those who had wanted to leave the moment they had set foot in that dragon horror story.
But he had a cat to think about. He knew that Rylie couldn’t speak for himself, and that Rylie probably wanted to get some rest. 23 miles was a lot longer with 8 inch long legs. (Admittedly still more height of leg than Kyle had in his entire body. Rylie was a big boy, remember.)
So Kyle had forced them all to stay, despite his restless angst.

Kevin followed Korim, eager to leave. As nice as the Corim family was, he wanted to get back home to his own family. The sooner they found the missing kids, the sooner they could do that.
Doubt started to fill the corners of his mind. When they found the kids-if they found the kids- then what? The portals were long closed, and there was no way to get back to Earth. Were they just supposed to live in Borealis for the rest of their lives?
Kevin pushed the thought out of his mind, once again reminding himself people here could sense emotions. He didn’t want to be the one to add to Lilith’s stress. As far as he knew, she must’ve been overwhelmed by everyone’s emotions.
He continued to walk, following Korim closely.

Kevin followed Korim, eager to leave. As nice as the Corim family was, he wanted to get back home to his own family. The sooner they found the missing kids, the sooner they could do that.
Doubt started to fill the corners of his mind. When they found the kids-if they found the kids- then what? The portals were long closed, and there was no way to get back to Earth. Were they just supposed to live in Borealis for the rest of their lives?
Kevin pushed the thought out of his mind, once again reminding himself people here could sense emotions. He didn’t want to be the one to add to Lilith’s stress. As far as he knew, she must’ve been overwhelmed by everyone’s emotions.
Timit chattered incessantly as the group crested hill after hill, passing by quaint Borealan establishments. Right now he was wondering about the angry bacon population of (I can’t remember the castle’s name for the life of me, clearly I shouldn’t be leading this rp).
Korim told him that he was sure there were swine there, but it would only be of the uncultured kind.
Cam drew in the fresh sights and smells. In a weird way, this place was more crisp and real than her own home. The sun felt so good kissing her skin, and the houses were nestled in the hills in such a wholesome way that they gave you the insuppressible urge to randomly give someone a hug.
The animals were somewhat strange and ugly. The pigs looked ordinary pigs, but big and ugly like the ones in the woods, and horizontal stripes on their sides. These did not have tusks, though, presumably these were cut off. That must have been where the bacon came from.
This place would have reminded her of The Shire, if there were any...
A circular door sat in a hillside minding its own business, completely unaware of the commotion it was about to cause. A tiny pink bird lighted on the handle.
“Is that a hobbit hole?” Cam asked. “Do hobbits live in it?”

Timit chattered incessantly as the group crested hill after hill, passing by quaint Borealan establishments. Right now he was wondering about the angry bacon population of (I can’t remember the castle’s name for the life of me, clearly I shouldn’t be leading this rp).
Korim told him that he was sure there were swine there, but it would only be of the uncultured kind.
Cam drew in the fresh sights and smells. In a weird way, this place was more crisp and real than her own home. The sun felt so good kissing her skin, and the houses were nestled in the hills in such a wholesome way that they gave you the insuppressible urge to randomly give someone a hug.
The animals were somewhat strange and ugly. The pigs looked ordinary pigs, but big and ugly like the ones in the woods, and horizontal stripes on their sides. These did not have tusks, though, presumably these were cut off. That must have been where the bacon came from.
A circular door sat in a hillside minding its own business, completely unaware of the commotion it was about to cause. A tiny pink bird lighted on the handle.
Aella was enjoying the journey far more then she expected she would. The sun was blaring down, grass twining around her legs, whispering softly as the group passed. Creatures akin to grasshoppers, but not quite, leapt out of their path, beady eyes watching them with distrust as many of their fellow kind became prey to the underside of the groups shoes.
She paused, curiously approaching the round door, at first appearing plain and brown until she looked closer, her gaze falling upon the intricate threads carved into the wood by the tree it had come from, counting how many years it had lived, lonesome, before meeting its demise. The little, rose colored bird perched on the dor handle, seemingly unaware of their presence. Suddenly, she turned to Cam, face twisted in an incredulous manner. "What's a...hobbit?"

Kyle, who had mounted Rylie, noted that Korim was finally going on ahead. The rest of the group blundered at a glacial pace, apparently not paying attention to the fact Korim had moved on several pages ago.
Kyle had been among those who had wanted to leave the moment they had set foot in that dragon horror story.
But he had a cat to think about. He knew that Rylie couldn’t speak for himself, and that Rylie probably wanted to get some rest. 23 miles was a lot longer with 8 inch long legs. (Admittedly still more height of leg than Kyle had in his entire body. Rylie was a big boy, remember.)
So Kyle had forced them all to stay, despite his restless angst.
(My brain is dead, but I should probably note that Ky and Lili exist)
Kylan picked up his pace, going at a steady pace beside Korim; his feet lifting higher than they should from the feeling that he wanted to run. Anxiety knotted in his stomach, making him get shivers down his back occasionally from his knowledge that it was nearly impossible for a little six year old boy to survive in a dangerous forest for three days.
He glanced back at the others, eyes locking on Aria for a moment, before looking back ahead and flexing his fingers with unease. "How long did you say the journey is before we arrive? I mean, do we know an estimate to when we get there?" He asked Korim, trying to keep his voice calm. God, please don't let it be long. We have to get there fast. Maybe... Maybe Torin's there. Dakirum.

Lilith stayed towards the back of the group, sly eyes flickering from person to person. Now that they knew a possible location of the kids, she really didn't plan on leaving the group, and didn't want anyone to fall behind only to be taken themselves. Her hands were gripped firmly on the camera hanging from her neck, and she quickly got a snap of one of the homes that caught her interest, making sure no villager saw in case of their suspicion. She wanted to always be able to remember this place, if she even made it out-- Which, she had a sinking feeling in her stomach that they wouldn't. That those portals were one time things and the kids hadn't made it.
She felt her chest twinge at Kylan's anxiety, feeling another stab of sympathy for the younger teenager. Her head spun with his wrecked emotions, Blair's also ripping in at times, making her own emotions flicker to the point she wasn't sure what was her's or who's.
She glanced at Kevin, giving a thin lipped smile to him as she noticed his doubts-- At least she thought the were his, sometimes it was hard to decipher when there were so many strong ones being thrown about-- And dipped her head, having realized that when he pushed them away, it cleared her mind in the slightest way. She then turned to Cam when she spoke of the Hobbit. "Like, from the series? I loved the movies of that. Never read the books though." She said, trying her best to make small talk.

(My brain is dead, but I should probably note that Ky and Lili exist)
Kylan picked up his pace, going at a steady pace beside Korim; his feet lifting higher than they should from the feeling that he wanted to run. Anxiety knotted in his stomach, making him get shivers down his back occasionally from his knowledge that it was nearly impossible for a little six year old boy to survive in a dangerous forest for three days.
He glanced back at the others, eyes locking on Aria for a moment, before looking back ahead and flexing his fingers with unease. "How long did you say the journey is before we arrive? I mean, do we know an estimate to when we get there?" He asked Korim, trying to keep his voice calm. God, please don't let it be long. We have to get there fast. Maybe... Maybe Torin's there. Dakirum.

Lilith stayed towards the back of the group, sly eyes flickering from person to person. Now that they knew a possible location of the kids, she really didn't plan on leaving the group, and didn't want anyone to fall behind only to be taken themselves. Her hands were gripped firmly on the camera hanging from her neck, and she quickly got a snap of one of the homes that caught her interest, making sure no villager saw in case of their suspicion. She wanted to always be able to remember this place, if she even made it out-- Which, she had a sinking feeling in her stomach that they wouldn't. That those portals were one time things and the kids hadn't made it.
She felt her chest twinge at Kylan's anxiety, feeling another stab of sympathy for the younger teenager. Her head spun with his wrecked emotions, Blair's also ripping in at times, making her own emotions flicker to the point she wasn't sure what was her's or who's.
She glanced at Kevin, giving a thin lipped smile to him as she noticed his doubts-- At least she thought the were his, sometimes it was hard to decipher when there were so many strong ones being thrown about-- And dipped her head, having realized that when he pushed them away, it cleared her mind in the slightest way. She then turned to Cam when she spoke of the Hobbit. "Like, from the series? I loved the movies of that. Never read the books though." She said, trying her best to make small talk.
Aria looked at him, she read Kylan’s expression and could tell he was scared for a Torrin. She resisted the urge to lay a hand on his shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom