The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

Lilith shook her head a little, not waiting for Korim's words and beginning to walk down the path without looking back; trusting her allies to follow her.

Kylan jumped a little, his unknowingly clenched hands unfurling when he realized it had just been Aria who had disturbed his thoughts. "Wha-- Oh, no..." He groaned, looking around at the others in a desperate hope she had simply missed him-- Only to find her observation true. "We need to find him, before a we-sa does." Stopping here was a mistake. We should've kept going on. Why'd we even stop in the first place?
He sighed, scratching the back of his neck in nervousness.

Lilith glanced over her should, having caught their words and a knot of worry scratching at her stomach. Kevin's missing? How didn't I notice? Or anyone until now, for that matter?
She stopped in her tracks, focusing deeply as she gently shut her eyes and tried to bring all her attention to sensing him. He definitely wasn't close, but she could pinpoint someone's faint presence up ahead that could possibly be him.
"I think I know where he is." She said strongly, opening her eyes and beginning to start off forward again. "Quite a ways down this trail. I don't think he turned, must not have realized we stopped..."
“Wait. Lilith. I will teleport you” Aria said quickly

Clary frowned, looking around. The man they were talking about seemed to be the large, bearded, Russian man, and the only person with a decent weapon. If anyone would be fine alone, it would probably be him.
“I don’t see what the fuss is about. He’ll be fine,” she said. “Besides, you said you could sense him, right? Let’s just keep going.” Clary said. If Lilith and Aria teleported to Kevin, then the larger group would have to wait until they arrived until they could keep going, and as far as Clary was concerned, they didn’t have that sort of time.

Kipp steps echoed in the empty tunnel, the fine gravel crunching under his feet. He had originally been heading toward his work station, but when he'd come to a fork in the path he'd stopped and rebelliously decided to go explore on his own.

He didn't know where he was going, mostly he was avoiding any other sounds he heard. He was pretty sure he was going further down into the belly of the planet.

As he walked, he dragged his hand along the cool damp surface of the rock wall, his fingers gently tracing over the ridges of the carved rock, and falling into the valleys as he went. The heavy damp air had a comforting earthy scent to it, far different from the cavern where he'd been working. He wasn't sure why the quiet solitude here was better than in his newly assigned bed. Maybe it was just the small freedom he'd found, disappearing into the dark. He was sure his absence would be punished when he eventually returned, but that wasn't any different from back home. Maybe every now and again he just needed to be free.

Kipp's mind wandered back to his family. In all the times he'd disappeared, he'd never been away this long. He wondered if his dad would be worried at all for him, or if he'd just be angry, assuming he'd intentionally disappeared again. Considering this disappearance coincided with when his mom left, it would probably be seen as intentional. Or, maybe there was some big thing about portals opening all over the news and everyone already knew he'd been sucked in to one. Kipp sighed remembering the first day they'd been here. He had been considering disappearing for a while when he was still at home, being overwhelmed with simple everyday normal life. Then, since coming here everything imaginable had gone wrong, and then everything unimaginable had gone wrong too.

Kipp stopped looking back the way he'd come. The tunnel behind him was still empty. The fact that he hadn't seen anyone else down here was a bit concerning. Maybe there was a reason no one was coming down here. Maybe it was dangerous, maybe there was some ridiculously large creature at the bottom long forgotten, waiting to be fed.

Kipp rubbed his hands over his arms, attempting to impart some warmness to the raised bumpy skin. He was glad he had put his shirt back on, and that he hadn't gotten it wet. He regretted yelling at Fred, there was no excuse for reacting the way he did. But he couldn't exactly take it back.

Kipp sat himself down in the middle of the tunnel, tired of walking aimlessly into the darkness. No one would find him here. He carefully spread his wings, looking at them for the first time since they'd been clipped. All that remained of the Primaries, secondaries, and their coverts were shattered shafts and frayed barbs. It had been a long time since he'd damaged his wing feathers enough to have to pull them out, and regrow them. They weren't going to regrow with the old broken ones in place. Kipp decided it was a good a time as any to set to work removing the old useless feathers and started gently working them out, dropping them onto the ground around him as they came free.

Fred looked around concerned, “where’s Kipp?” He asked worried for his friend. He was concerned Kipp had done something stupid and got himself caught or worse, Fred felt a gooey lump in his throat, what if Kipp had left without him or anyone else? He shouldn’t have annoyed Kipp earlier, he was stupid and had tested how far he could stretch Kipps temper before he exploded. He chewed his cheek. He had to go find Kipp, he had to apologise, he had to make this right.

Fred slipped away ducking down the cave Kipp had gone down, “Kipp?” His voice bounced off the walls of the ice
Kipp had fallen asleep, which was much easier to do out of the excessive heat of the upper levels. The absolute darkness, of course helped as well. Though he could still see in the dark, when there was no source of light even his vision was dimmed. (There's no ice, just colder air than summer heat + metal melting furnace. I have to head to sleep. My alarm goes off in 2.5 hours.)

Kipp had fallen asleep, which was much easier to do out of the excessive heat of the upper levels. The absolute darkness, of course helped as well. Though he could still see in the dark, when there was no source of light even his vision was dimmed. (There's no ice, just colder air than summer heat + metal melting furnace. I have to head to sleep. My alarm goes off in 2.5 hours.)
(Sorry I need to edit. I didn’t mean to write ice)
“Kipp??”

“He wouldn’t be missing if I knew where he was” Aria said running a hand through her tangled hair
"Hey, that's my job," Kyle muttered too quietly to hear. His hand met a spot in his hair that was simply too neat, and he fluffed it.
"Lilith, you know where he is? You may go ahead with Aria if you wish, but if you're not back in five minutes, well, there isn't much of a way to find you, but we'll try." He patted Rylie, who would make an okay tracker dog in a cinch, though he was really looking at the people with dogs. “Lilith, if you leave your dog with Kylan here, would he be able to find you? Or Blair.” Kit had proved to be a decent people-finder.
Kipp steps echoed in the empty tunnel, the fine gravel crunching under his feet. He had originally been heading toward his work station, but when he'd come to a fork in the path he'd stopped and rebelliously decided to go explore on his own.

He didn't know where he was going, mostly he was avoiding any other sounds he heard. He was pretty sure he was going further down into the belly of the planet.

As he walked, he dragged his hand along the cool damp surface of the rock wall, his fingers gently tracing over the ridges of the carved rock, and falling into the valleys as he went. The heavy damp air had a comforting earthy scent to it, far different from the cavern where he'd been working. He wasn't sure why the quiet solitude here was better than in his newly assigned bed. Maybe it was just the small freedom he'd found, disappearing into the dark. He was sure his absence would be punished when he eventually returned, but that wasn't any different from back home. Maybe every now and again he just needed to be free.

Kipp's mind wandered back to his family. In all the times he'd disappeared, he'd never been away this long. He wondered if his dad would be worried at all for him, or if he'd just be angry, assuming he'd intentionally disappeared again. Considering this disappearance coincided with when his mom left, it would probably be seen as intentional. Or, maybe there was some big thing about portals opening all over the news and everyone already knew he'd been sucked in to one. Kipp sighed remembering the first day they'd been here. He had been considering disappearing for a while when he was still at home, being overwhelmed with simple everyday normal life. Then, since coming here everything imaginable had gone wrong, and then everything unimaginable had gone wrong too.

Kipp stopped looking back the way he'd come. The tunnel behind him was still empty. The fact that he hadn't seen anyone else down here was a bit concerning. Maybe there was a reason no one was coming down here. Maybe it was dangerous, maybe there was some ridiculously large creature at the bottom long forgotten, waiting to be fed.

Kipp rubbed his hands over his arms, attempting to impart some warmness to the raised bumpy skin. He was glad he had put his shirt back on, and that he hadn't gotten it wet. He regretted yelling at Fred, there was no excuse for reacting the way he did. But he couldn't exactly take it back.

Kipp sat himself down in the middle of the tunnel, tired of walking aimlessly into the darkness. No one would find him here. He carefully spread his wings, looking at them for the first time since they'd been clipped. All that remained of the Primaries, secondaries, and their coverts were shattered shafts and frayed barbs. It had been a long time since he'd damaged his wing feathers enough to have to pull them out, and regrow them. They weren't going to regrow with the old broken ones in place. Kipp decided it was a good a time as any to set to work removing the old useless feathers and started gently working them out, dropping them onto the ground around him as they came free.
(Idk why I quoted this)

Fred looked around concerned, “where’s Kipp?” He asked worried for his friend. He was concerned Kipp had done something stupid and got himself caught or worse, Fred felt a gooey lump in his throat, what if Kipp had left without him or anyone else? He shouldn’t have annoyed Kipp earlier, he was stupid and had tested how far he could stretch Kipps temper before he exploded. He chewed his cheek. He had to go find Kipp, he had to apologise, he had to make this right.
(Sorry I need to edit. I didn’t mean to write ice)
“Kipp??”
Take wandered about through the more active kid working areas. He held a whip in his hand and just pretended he was being an authority figure by giving off glares. Luckily the kids were doing their work so he wouldn’t be forced to get them moving again by another guard. He searched the faces of every kid that was working, trying to find one that he recognized from the cafeteria. When he heard Fred’s distant calls for Kipp, he starting following them to find where they were coming from. Once Take arrived, seeing the boy curiously look about for Kipp he came over. “Is Kipp around here?” he asked, gazing down the dark tunnel. He recognized this part of the Dakrium, it was much colder and emptier than the rest. “You should go back and pretend your working or somethin’ a guard might hear you down here... I’ll go look for Kipp, I have to give him something anyways” he advised, walking down the dark tunnel that his vision would easily adjust to.

Back
Top Bottom