The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

Lilith shuddered, feeling a cold wind pass through her bones. Great. Sounds so safe. So flipping safe.

Kylan had started to answer Aria, but froze as he overheard Korim's words. Four days? No, no... That can't be true. It's already been three days, that'd be seven. Torin can't make it alone seven days with those things... Can he?
He still shivered under Blair's eyes and finger, but agreed with her words. "Blair's right. There has to be another way, c'mon. There has to be a bypass through the mountains or something." He said desperately, staring straight at Korim. "We got here through portals, could there be more of those leading there?"

Kylan didn't reply, too focused on Korim as he fidgeted nervously.

Lilith tipped her head to the side, forcing back a loud laugh from escaping her lips. "Yeah, well... Maybe I'm just good at it." She said lightly, before shaking her head. "But I'll let you have being the best gunman here, until I can prove differently." She added, her lips twitching into an even bigger grin.

Kylan stared at him, his mouth literally hanging open. "Then you darn well better believe we're getting a Rugæ guide if it cuts out that much time. They've been at war with you, not us. And they've probably lost people too, which could mean they might help us."
He glanced at Cam, having already came to the same sad revelation long ago. His parents had been missing both their kids for three days now, and who knew what they thought happened to them.
He shook his head, looking at Korim for another split second before beginning to walk faster and stare ahead with a callous expression. "Never mind, let's just hurry it up."

Lilith frowned. She'd been speaking to Kevin and hadn't heard most of the newer conversation, but caught some of Kylan's words, and all of their emotions that made her stomach twist.
Aria’s head snapped up. 4 DAYS!!!! All her doubts were at once confirmed, her jaw dropped. Poor Kylan, no, there had to be some bother way. They had dragons, was there a unicorn that could magically transport them there?

"Four days?" Blair caught the conversation behind her, and turned sharply. Panic rose inside her, clawing at her, suffocating but she quickly turned it into anger. Boiling, choking, fear-laced anger, her own anger, unadulterated by the wolf. "No. We don't have four days, kid."
I can get us there in two.
No, we can't leave them behind. But... four days. Anything could happen.
Anything.

"Four days could mean death for them. Death for his brother," she pointed a finger at Kylan, almost accusingly. "Death for Noah. Death for Kipp and Haddie and my Emma and Take." She leaned over Korim, nearly balancing on the balls of her feet. She wasn't angry, she was scared. But fear got her no where, anger, however, got her far. "Anything can happen in four days. Hell, anything could happen right this second." Only takes a second to pull a trigger. Or to throw a lethal object. Or anything, really.
"There has to be a quicker way. You live in a place with dragons and manticores and dire wolves. There has to be something quicker, some other way to get there." Her flare of anger was coming to a shuddering halt as she leaned back, but her gaze was eerily blank. "There has to be."
(Blair must really have forgotten Fred’s existence lol 😂 )

“I just need a moment to breathe! Please...” She was scared that he would use it.
"So this is just a suicide mission, then, huh?" Blair couldn't bring herself to be shocked, or to even care about what ever war he was talking about. "Yes, Kyle, we got the bugs. But just barely. They are children." She looked over the group, wishing she could bring herself to be more angry at both of them. Most of the group were still children, too, or just barely adults.
"This is your fault." She turned one last burning glare a Kyle, before turning and heading the direction they were intending to go. Can't waste time arguing. Not worth it.
Kyle could brood over why she thought it was his fault, which it wasn’t, at least, as far as he could tell it wasn’t, since that didn’t make any sense, or he could just ignore her. That he did.
Lilith shuddered, feeling a cold wind pass through her bones. Great. Sounds so safe. So flipping safe.

Kylan had started to answer Aria, but froze as he overheard Korim's words. Four days? No, no... That can't be true. It's already been three days, that'd be seven. Torin can't make it alone seven days with those things... Can he?
He still shivered under Blair's eyes and finger, but agreed with her words. "Blair's right. There has to be another way, c'mon. There has to be a bypass through the mountains or something." He said desperately, staring straight at Korim. "We got here through portals, could there be more of those leading there?"

Lilith tipped her head to the side, forcing back a loud laugh from escaping her lips. "Yeah, well... Maybe I'm just good at it." She said lightly, before shaking her head. "But I'll let you have being the best gunman here, until I can prove differently." She added, her lips twitching into an even bigger grin.

Kylan stared at him, his mouth literally hanging open. "Then you darn well better believe we're getting a Rugæ guide if it cuts out that much time. They've been at war with you, not us. And they've probably lost people too, which could mean they might help us."
He glanced at Cam, having already came to the same sad revelation long ago. His parents had been missing both their kids for three days now, and who knew what they thought happened to them.
He shook his head, looking at Korim for another split second before beginning to walk faster and stare ahead with a callous expression. "Never mind, let's just hurry it up."

Lilith frowned. She'd been speaking to Kevin and hadn't heard most of the newer conversation, but caught some of Kylan's words, and all of their emotions that made her stomach twist.
“My people did nothing to the Rugæ. It was those Carimnies. But now they don’t trust any outsiders, even those from my village. We don’t wage war on anyone, we’re a stateless society. So don’t expect them to act any differently around you.” Korim shrugged. “Anyways, I’m vetoing that. Any business with the Rugæ is going to turn out badly.”
Cam didn’t want to tell the valiant young Kylan, but by now she had accepted that Noah was a lost cause. That she was not going to the castle for him anymore, though she had done all that she could. She was now just doing this to get home.

Kevin was distracted by what Korim was saying, and missed half of Lilith’s words. “Good, good,” he murmured, glancing back at Lilith.
Four days?? They won’t survive that long. We barely survived a night. How can lost children survive over four days? He wondered, but decided not to contribute to the chaos by asking more questions.

Fred clung to her for support as he bit his lip to keep from crying out. The pain was excruciating and it felt like someone had tipped a whole heap of petrol on his back and lit a match setting his back on fire. “Thank you” he whispered, it was all he could manage to say.

"I should try to find a healer, that seems like a much better power down here." She said trying to help him over to the work area without jostling him too much.

Ashira finally sat down again. She hated being in here because she felt like there were better things she could be doing. They hadn’t caught her slacking off last time, so why should they now? She needed time to think anyway.

CRACK! A warning crack of the whip. A gruff voice “Get back to work, or I’ll use this,“ he barked.

Kipp jumped at the sudden crack of the whip, he hadn't noticed that Ashira had given up on her job.

“I just need a moment to breathe! Please...” She was scared that he would use it.

His heart was pounding against his ribs, What's she doing!? He didn't want to put himself in front of the whip again, but he also didn't want her getting hurt. He stayed put staring at the two indecisively. If she needed a break she could have asked him to switch with her again. Not that that went over well the first time, but at least both jobs would have been accomplished.

"I should try to find a healer, that seems like a much better power down here." She said trying to help him over to the work area without jostling him too much.

Kipp jumped at the sudden crack of the whip, he hadn't noticed that Ashira had given up on her job.

His heart was pounding against his ribs, What's she doing!? He didn't want to put himself in front of the whip again, but he also didn't want her getting hurt. He stayed put staring at the two indecisively. If she needed a break she could have asked him to switch with her again. Not that that went over well the first time, but at least both jobs would have been accomplished.
(I was gonna make the boy whip her, but ladybugfarms is gone this weekend)

Last edited:

Fred flinched with every step. Gosh it hurt

Back
Top Bottom