The History Channel Scares Me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I could be wrong (happens a LOT) but I think the whole 2012 date was set by Aztec (Indian?) and (or?) Asian Calendars. Don't think it's the same bowl of fruit as the Revelations in Christianity. But, theology is not my strongest point, B's the one who likes those classes. I think that it was based on astrological alignments and whatnot. And someone told me that historically Big Things happen when these alignments happen, so they figure a Big Thing must happen this time too. I think one example was the fall of the Roman Empire. Sure that was huge, but it wasn't an asteroid destroying the planet. Humans moved on, eventually the Brits became The Empire, and the Beetles invaded. *shrug* If an empire falls, we'll do what we always do. Suck it up and move forward, just like any other critter. Kinda like the moon thing. Just because people go looney when it's full doesn't mean we should all panic... life does have this absurdly stubborn thing about 'going on'.

But, if you would feel more comfortable with a few extra chickens, well you can always sell, or donate to others, your extra eggs until you really need them. Likewise for gardening. And if you're in the gardening groove it's been shown to help many relieve stress (chickies too) so that's good for you in addition to the nutrition boost with home grown. AND your budget might feel a little better if you're getting fresh yummy veggies just for the price of the seeds and water... sun and sweat are 'free'... so yet another boost.

So, overall, I'd say your ideas for increased SS sound like a great idea!
smile.png

I too have been concerned about the date of 2012.

BECAUSE IT WILL BE MY 65TH BIRTHDAY. IF THE WORLD COMES TO AN END, I WILL NOT GET MY GOVERMENT GIVEN ENTITLEMENT OF MEDICARE!!!!!!

So I have more to worry about that anyone else. Period.

Having said all that, I'm going with what my Mom told me years ago, and what I've told my daughter:

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU WORRY ABOUT THAT HAPPENS, IT'S SOMETHING COMING IN FROM LEFT FIELD YOU NEVER EVEN CONSIDERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far, in my life, it's been true.

DonnaBelle

The Mayan calendar ends December 12, 2012. We are planning a December 13th party. Even if we are sitting in the basement eating canned goods, we're having a party.

Guess where I was over Christmas vacation?
big_smile.png

At the ruins where archaeologists found the stone tablet that mentioned the date 2012.

According to our tour guide, 2012 to the Mayans was one cycle of their calendar, just like a millenium is one cycle in ours. Their mathematical system wasn't based on ten like ours is.

The year 2000 was uneventful, and I'm assuming 2012 won't be anything more spectacular either, except for possibly one or two doomsday cults killing themselves off.
idunno.gif

As far as I know, there's nothing to worry about.

my brother took off with a bunch of his friends to go camping WAY out in the desert for the Y2K meltdown that never materialized. They had provisions for a couple weeks and were just waiting for the roads to be jammed with people fleeing the city... They woke up cold on January first, made coffe, ate breakfast, went for a hike and came home... He doesn't talk about it much. I should ask him if he has plans for 2012...
That same brother has loud obnoxious talk radio blasting at his house 24/7, Rush, Dr. Laura. all those screamers. He probably has Billy Mays sing his kids to sleep with an infomercia. He just thrives on hearing controversy, crisis, how bad the government is, the bees are all dying, Where's Obama's birth certificate still? He is also crippled with fear. He has a very hard time just addressing the smallest things in life or making any plans past next week. It is really sad to see him crippled by and addicted to sensationalist media whose main job is to keep you glued to your seat hanging on every word so they can sell commercials, for stuff you don't need and is probably bad for you. Just a bad deal all around. Turn it off. Take a full one or two week break from radio and TV and see how much better you feel afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom