The History Channel Scares Me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a bad blizzard here in Colorado several years ago on New Years that caused 60,000 cows to die from starvation. After a week or so the National Guard started flying hay to the cows in helicopters and dropping it to them. We had almost 5 feet of snow on mostly dirt roads. There were people down in the boondocks, 60 or 80 miles away from the closest store, who were very grateful to have enough water, food, and fuel for a month or so.

I have never seen so many rabbits and deer out looking for food as I did that winter. In a bad natural or political disaster, every store will be looted and empty within 24 hours. If you don't have food and water, you are not only putting your family at risk, you are depending on the government to be both willing and able to provide all your needs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is so true, and I don't even know how to put this into words . . .but I saw a scientist or some fella on Today that talked about the Mayan calender, and he said that when it ends, it just starts over again. So, that cartoon about "running out of stone" might be right on the money. I am more worried about what our country is coming too, not the end of the world. We are not in control of that; but we ARE in control of what happens to us when this country falls. If I am blessed enough to hang onto my home, and squeak by, so be it, but food, water and other things we take for granted every single day is going to be hard to come by, and we need to stockpile if for no other reason this. Sorry, I just think hard times are coming.

Its a wonder how the word "paranoia" gets thrown around any time someone says something about thinking ahead. A large part of our food crop is is being killed by a freek cold snap across the south as we speek an that word is still being used.
roll.png

Hey, any reason to have more chickens sounds like a good idea to me
big_smile.png
I try to have my pantry stocked and freezers filled (we have a whole house propane generator with 1,000 gal tank) every year because I hate to HAVE TO go shopping. I can stay on the property for months without having to leave. My library is floor to ceiling bookcases (with rolling ladder), we have two wells going into 2 different aquifers, draft horses trained to pull a cart. Am thinking all we need is an above ground gasoline/diesel tank and we're good to go. Not for 2012, just so we can be a tad more self-sufficient.
Slinky

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Made me think back to seeing that hysterical movie "Zombieland"

And the gag-gift book & machete combo my DH got as part of our "Random Christmas Gift Exchange" that our extended family did...
zombie_survival_guide.jpg

Oh and you can't forget about that article in the news a few months back about someone hijacking a road sign and making it read:
Zombies_Ahead_610x479.jpg

Quote:
Agreed. I keep a years worth of food staples stored. Have a generator large enough to power my well, furnace and refrigerator and and a couple of lights and a ten year supply of ammunition in case I need to hunt for meat or protect me. Two ponds out back and I am well stocked with fishing gear and lures. Last summer when the sales started I stocked up on ice fishing gear.
Being prepared isn't about being paranoid.
Am I stupid. Maybe. But I notice that this year the price of all those items I bought is up 25%.
Anybody took a good hard look at their grocery bill lately. Nothing is gettin' cheaper. Stocking up now could save you big time down the road. JMHO

Quote:
Agreed. I keep a years worth of food staples stored. Have a generator large enough to power my well, furnace and refrigerator and and a couple of lights and a ten year supply of ammunition in case I need to hunt for meat or protect me. Two ponds out back and I am well stocked with fishing gear and lures. Last summer when the sales started I stocked up on ice fishing gear.
Being prepared isn't about being paranoid.
Am I stupid. Maybe. But I notice that this year the price of all those items I bought is up 25%.
Anybody took a good hard look at their grocery bill lately. Nothing is gettin' cheaper. Stocking up now could save you big time down the road. JMHO

I think you are RICH and LUCKY!
lol.png
Peace of mind is priceless, isnt it? How much exacly is a ten year supply of ammo? You can PM me if you don't want to post it for the world to see.
smile.png

Yeah but.......we don't have natural gas here. Guess its horse power if TSHTF. My Clydesdale would love it though, he likes to work. My Spotted Draft would rather be ridden, he likes to "see the sights".
Slinky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom