The History Channel Scares Me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know, my Son has a birthday on December 22. I guess i better send him an early birthday present that year.....

pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif

Quote:
Um...okay. I find most people saying this are simply misunderstanding how the checks and balances system works, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Goverments rise an fall just as surely as the waves in the sea. Its not a matter of if it will fall but when.

There is the when.

You've neglected to account for the how.

The US will not collapse into anarchy, the state system prevents such from occurring. Look to all the other empires that utilized a confederacy model and you will see this. When the central entity collapses, government reverts to the state level. In the US, we have an additional layer, the city level as well.

And there are backups for the backups.

If someone blew up our two main oil pipe lines or our refinerys, trucks would be parked with in a week an the grocery stores would be empty in 2 weeks. What if truck drivers just went on strike?

If someone blew a hole in both major pipelines, the flow would be cut off, repair teams dispatched, and oil back underway within a couple weeks. Truck drivers as a whole will not go on strike, as there are many different trucking companies that work with many different logistics companies, plus the free lance truckers. And there are the trains as well, depending on your location. Sure, the truck system will fail eventually, just as the train system failed before that, and the pony express system failed before that, and the wagon train system failed before that. We are already trying to move towards not being oil dependent, and it will get there, pretty much as soon as the oil companies stop whining and accept their death throes with dignity. There have already been failures of the oil transport systems before, including ruptured pipelines and oil spills. Society is still here.

Sure, it could happen here. But it would not happen overnight, and there is nothing currently happening that would lead to the worst happening in the US. I hear people talking about a 'civil war' coming and the truth of the matter is, unless those folks are given to starting one (and it would be over, fast, with the opposite side being the victor), it just isn't going to happen.

Edited to remove flame

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, I'm watching the history channel 'how to survive the apocalypse' show, and if you follow the advice it gives, you are going to die.

Go self sufficient just in case. I don't believe for a second the world will end in 2012, but I do bellieve we are destroying our bodies and our planet at an alarming rate. Being self sufficient will help both problems. Don't become more self sufficient because of the latest in a long line of scare tactics, do it because it is the right thing to do.

Quote:
You better beleve I will an most of the people I know would too. I would guess at least 30% of the country would. Sounds like patriotisem to me..... Sure you are not the one who is parinoid of them.

Night yall.

Last edited:
Quote:
Specifically - for someone like Hitler to come into power, the US would first have to lose a World War and have several other countries all of which are more powerful than it be bent on punishing the US for it's actions. That isn't likely to happen, as taking us over militarily would be one of the worst financial decisions China could ever make.

China wouldn't have to take over militarily. All they need to do is cut off what they and the rest of the asian market supplies and not import any raw materials from the U.S.. They have the financial resources to hold out economically and can source raw materials out of countries friendly to them and not so friendly to the U.S. Not a very likely scenario, but a viable one, that would effectively crater the dollar in short order. The U.S. has made itself vulnerable to economic attack by not having a manufacturing and agriculture base big enough to fall back on to supply the population.

I'll stop there, follow the rules and NOT sidetrack this thread by entering the religious debate.

The History Channel doesn't scare me.

The history we are living right now scares me... and apparently many others... I've had a number of folks who have come to look at my coop and setup because they want something similar. They want to have something to keep them alive when it all falls apart.

Who knows when it will happen, but the "signs of the times" continue to increase.

No matter how you stack the deck ... some major sweeping changes need to occur voluntarily or will be forced upon the system as a whole. One of our biggest issues is that as a species we are overpopulated and nature always finds a way to deal with that issue, unless we do it to ourselves first.

Quote:
I've always heard that it would fall on December 21, 2012.

Whisper: I thought the solstice too, but I'm not jumping in this mess kid.

Right there with ya Saddina!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom