The Honey Factory

Pics
I can't decide whether this is one queen bee or one bee on top of another.
7A56FEB2-D9A9-4AB0-8AD9-E02620C17CB5.jpeg

Hi, bee keepers! I did not start at Page 1, I am just jumping in right here. I hope one of you can help me. My question is about honey, not bees. I bought a quart of lovely dark local honey from a beekeeper recently for about $30. I was tickled to get it and eagerly anticipated using it. But when I tasted it, YUCK!!! It was obvious the bees had been dabbling in local manure piles. Cow manure. Like, drinking rain water from cow pies. I kid you not, this is one of the flavors in this honey. I can also taste clover and other wild flowers in it, but the taste of manure is overpowering to me. Can the honey be filtered to get this flavor out, and if so, how? Or is this just a total wash? Thanks.

Hi, bee keepers! I did not start at Page 1, I am just jumping in right here. I hope one of you can help me. My question is about honey, not bees. I bought a quart of lovely dark local honey from a beekeeper recently for about $30. I was tickled to get it and eagerly anticipated using it. But when I tasted it, YUCK!!! It was obvious the bees had been dabbling in local manure piles. Cow manure. Like, drinking rain water from cow pies. I kid you not, this is one of the flavors in this honey. I can also taste clover and other wild flowers in it, but the taste of manure is overpowering to me. Can the honey be filtered to get this flavor out, and if so, how? Or is this just a total wash? Thanks.
I have no idea. Maybe gift it come Xmas...

No. I don't dislike anybody that bad, if it can't be fixed.
He's kidding. And if he says he's not kidding, he's kidding again. Ralphie likes kidding. He's trying to give you a bit of a chuckle to help you feel better.

That's too bad--I also am not a bee keeper (yet). I don't think it can be fixed. I like the paler honeys, usually. Have you spoken to the bee keeper? I doubt he's aware this honey tastes like 💩. Surely he wouldn't risk his reputation, selling it, if he knew.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...=&form=EX0023&shth=OSH.YLshuQPtpbeini0MLEui3Q
Sounds like Buckwheat Honey. You love it or you hate it I've heard. My son and I tried it years ago at beekeeping class, we hated it. 😂
If it's not then they probably burnt it trying to keep it from crystalizing.

He's kidding. And if he says he's not kidding, he's kidding again. Ralphie likes kidding. He's trying to give you a bit of a chuckle to help you feel better.

That's too bad--I also am not a bee keeper (yet). I don't think it can be fixed. I like the paler honeys, usually. Have you spoken to the bee keeper? I doubt he's aware this honey tastes like 💩. Surely he wouldn't risk his reputation, selling it, if he knew.
No I don't know them that well and they're not "local" in my area but about 100 miles away. No worries, I just won't buy from them again but if I happen to have the opportunity again I may tell them. I have a really good sense of taste. Blessing and a curse....

Back
Top Bottom