The Honey Factory

None of the above. Bees don't have air traffic controllers. Head on collisions do occur.

I have been hit in the side of my head when I happen to step into the path of a bee returning to the hive.
Driving on a county road between cranberry bogs during pollination at 55 MPH a bee flew in the truck and whacked me in the neck, I turned to my wife and said "that girl flew out of her way just to sting me." :lau Wife said the bee was a good judge of character, with a smile.

64 degrees, sunny and light wind this Sunday. Hoping all the brood is in the top super so I can reverse the boxes to get them ready for Blueberry blossoms coming on end of April. Don't have to move the hives as In laws farm is about 75 yards just over the Cedars, drop into the crop. No stress on the crew. They'll have it ready for extracting, on average, around the first week in July.

i still can not get over the first time i heard that you can ship bees in the mail. it just blew me away that you can ship bees.
For a long time the USPS was the only way that package bees or queens could be shipped.

I was glad when they finally made UPS overnight an option.

Now some idiot in congress eliminated that by making it illegal to put package bees on an airplane. They can still fly queens but not package bees.

For a long time the USPS was the only way that package bees or queens could be shipped.

Now some idiot in congress eliminated that by making it illegal to put package bees on an airplane. They can still fly queens but not package bees.
interesting, that is kind of crazy you can only ship queens by plane but not packages.

Last edited:
interesting, they is kind of crazy you can only ship queens by plane but not packages.
Apparently someone had some escaped package bees.

They could show that the queens needed to be delivered quickly and that there would be no escaped bees.

I have not seen any bees escape from a package but have seen loose bees that had inadvertently been on the outside of the packages when shipped.

All it took was one apiphobe to ruin it for everyone else.

i still can not get over the first time i heard that you can ship bees in the mail. it just blew me away that you can ship bees.
I was baffled too, as well as the fact that newly hatched chicks can be shipped with the postal service! - It is a great service by our hard-working postal service i think!

Elected officials are not always the brightest bulbs in the luster…

Back
Top Bottom