The Honey Factory

Well i guess that's it then for my packaged bees:
1711738671381.png

My local post office is closed tomorrow and Monday. šŸ˜¢
Just called them and asked, but they have not received a humming package and there's nothing incoming until early Tuesday morning.

View attachment 3785589
Just called them and asked, but they have not received a humming package and there's nothing incoming until early Tuesday morning.
The last time I ordered bees from a certain place, the packages went from there to a place in Texas. The postal facility in Texas held the packages until the bees were dead before shipping them on to the destination.

The company that shipped the bees were willing to ship replacement bees but only if I paid for the shipping again.

Needless to say I never did business with them again.

The last time I ordered bees from a certain place, the packages went from there to a place in Texas. The postal facility in Texas held the packages until the bees were dead before shipping them on to the destination.

The company that shipped the bees were willing to ship replacement bees but only if I paid for the shipping again.

Needless to say I never did business with them again.
Well my bees first went from southern Georgia to Florida and from there - who knows whereā€¦
I looked up the refund/replacement policies and found out that: Ā»All merchandise is shipped ā€œF.O.B. Shipping Pointā€. All products in your order become your responsibility as soon as they leaveā€¦Ā«
That is one way to pĀ”ss of customersā€¦

For a long time the USPS was the only way that package bees or queens could be shipped.

I was glad when they finally made UPS overnight an option.

Now some idiot in congress eliminated that by making it illegal to put package bees on an airplane. They can still fly queens but not package bees.
Queens always fly 1rst class! :D

I can only add that if you have a local breeder who sells NUCs pay the extra $$ for bees that more than likely are being bred for temperament and climate tolerance, plus they are established with a laying queen, brood, drawn comb, pollen and honey. Also if something were to happen to your queen the breeder more than likely will have a replacement. Our supplier, which I found by checking state bee clubs, is an hour away and has fantastic NUCs.

View attachment 3785589
Why would your post office be closed tomorrow or Monday? The Post Office Is open those days. Easter is not an observed holiday.

View attachment 3785589
I can check the In house tracking on them if you like, see if I can find the hold up. Feel free to pm me the tracking number.

I can only add that if you have a local breeder who sells NUCs pay the extra $$ for bees that more than likely are being bred for temperament and climate tolerance, plus they are established with a laying queen, brood, drawn comb, pollen and honey. Also if something were to happen to your queen the breeder more than likely will have a replacement. Our supplier, which I found by checking state bee clubs, is an hour away and has fantastic NUCs.
I have ordered a NUC from a local bee-breeder, but he has only Russians and i am not too sure about those. So i ordered a package of Italians from the D. They made excellent honey from the autumn olives and the Tulip-trees last year...

Back
Top Bottom