The hunting/fishing thread!

First day of the season:View attachment 3137508

Last day of the season:
View attachment 3137512

There were many, many days spent trying in between, with a couple of close calls, but in the end, only two shots were fired all season. Turkeys can be incredibly smart, and incredibly stupid, incredibly aggressive, and incredibly paranoid. Some will RUN to your call, some will hang up just out of sight for hours. These two were incredibly different hunts, but both were far from boring.

Successful or not, if a day in the woods is boring, you're doing it wrong.
They can be very frustrating. I took this bird opening day at 5:35. Hunted several other days, but couldn't pull another long beard in. Fooled several Jake's a bunch of times, but I was looking for a Tom.

Attachments

• IMG_20220501_055119996_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220501_055119996_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
They can be very frustrating. I took this bird opening day at 5:35. Hunted several other days, but couldn't pull another long beard in. Fooled several Jake's a bunch of times, but I was looking for a Tom.
Nice! As evidenced by my opening day bird, I have no problem shooting jakes. 😁 There were two toms in the field at the time, both with hens, and out of range. The Jake came thru the woods right to my call gobbling up a storm the whole way, and popped out 10-15yds to my left. I couldn't pass him up after listening to him sounding off as he got closer and closer. I saw it was a Jake before I shot, but he didn't have that juvenile gobble.

Nice! As evidenced by my opening day bird, I have no problem shooting jakes. 😁 There were two toms in the field at the time, both with hens, and out of range. The Jake came thru the woods right to my call gobbling up a storm the whole way, and popped out 10-15yds to my left. I couldn't pass him up after listening to him sounding off as he got closer and closer. I saw it was a Jake before I shot, but he didn't have that juvenile gobble.
Nothing wrong with that. I've taken many Jake's over the yrs. I was actually surprised I got this tom. 7 Jake's came in hot, and when the tom came in they pestered the heck out of him and he wanted out of there and happened to walk 15 yrds in front of me. I called those same Jake's in a few different times during the season, and I keep saying to myself, I hope there that eager a yr from now, lol.

I left home on my fishing trip at 4:25 am.

My trip ended at 4:34am. When a deer decided to commit suicide by Ford truck.

Hopefully, I can try again next week.
Went fishing and got a deer. Interesting trip

Back
Top Bottom