The hunting/fishing thread!

And I picked the wrong stand... Again.
Just hopefull he took a snif and not a chomp..

Attachments

• e84419eb-88f1-42aa-9455-65458b863bc0.jpg
    e84419eb-88f1-42aa-9455-65458b863bc0.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 8
We hunted yesterday morning only to find the buck and doe we’ve been seeing everytime dead on the side of the highway approximately 1mi from the property 😭 We then traveled to the other property (where the farmer still has standing corn) and we found a few relatively fresh scrapes and rubs. We’re planning to switch to this property for remaining early archery and beginning rifle.

I was out monday afternoon. 2 does & a big buck. They were across the river from me, 60+ yards so no shot. Was hoping they would cross but they never did. Didn't have my rattle bag, otherwise I would have tried rattling him over! I've got my eye on him now, hoping he stays around.. Will be out this weekend. *fingers crossed*
Also saw 6 turkeys wandering by. Didn't have a turkey tag, otherwise could have easily gotten one. Little stinks walked 20 yards in front of me.
Hubby shot & killed a coyote... I've never actually seen one while hunting, so I was pretty jealous!

did not get to go elk hunting. had a snow fall and had issues with chicken coops due to the heavy snow. so that will wait until our late season in December.

with plans changing, hoping to get to head up north in the next two weeks or so for some white tail hunting. quite a few deer my neighbor said (and hunting buddy)

still deciding if i want to hunt grouse as well with the shotgun or .22.

Had a parade of does and fawns come past me today. One little buck with 1.5" horns stopped to smell some doe n heat sent I put out. Rooted around in the leaves for a few minutes taking in that smell, lol.

Passed on this 4pt at 10 yards.

Attachments

• IMG_20221102_180315184.jpg
    IMG_20221102_180315184.jpg
    662.2 KB · Views: 4
So today I nailed a old pair of coveralls to the tree so it looks like someone is there in the ladder stand . Hoping they get used to it and lear to ignore it . Archery .
I never tried but someone suggested hanging a couple plastic milk cartons in your stand by string so they clank around in the wind. Let the deer get used to noises in the stand.

Back
Top Bottom