The hunting/fishing thread!

Pics
As I fight boredom, I take photos. Here are photos of my primitive rifle.

It is a Thompson 50 cal. I use 150 grains of powder pellets and 250 grain sabot lead.

With a cute little primer.

729E1006-B922-4560-A065-A6C9A5A25EA4.jpeg

Above is my antique Thompson

2C5E1EEB-ECA4-4DA5-833E-8CE0EBBC432E.jpeg

This is my ancient open site on the end of the barrel. Below is the one near the breech.
E1A1AABF-DB2E-4DE1-85CB-F9D50A9E338A.jpeg

I think I might put an 1740s model scope on it next year. I would also like to get 2 more like this so I have three shots instead of one.

I have one more Thompson 50 but it has the flash pan and not the primer. It is too hot or miss for the modern meat hunter like myself. Also if the powder gets wet. Goooo bye. Deer…

Below is the simple action. Nothing to go wrong. Note I am wearing camo. We only need orange during firearms season. Here .

9AA1034E-810D-41F7-88DF-A000720100C7.jpeg

Besides photos I count birds. I think there are a thousand and 27 robins here today, no doubt getting ready for a flight to a tropical wintering location somewhere in the Deep South like Iowa.

It is a Thompson 50 cal. I use 150 grains of powder pellets and 250 grain sabot lead.

View attachment 2912460

View attachment 2912461

This is my ancient open site on the end of the barrel. Below is the one near the breech.View attachment 2912464

I think I might put an 1740s model scope on it next year. I would also like to get 2 more like this so I have three shots instead of one.

I have one more Thompson 50 but it has the flash pan and not the primer. It is too hot or miss for the modern meat hunter like myself. Also if the powder gets wet. Goooo bye. Deer…

Below is the simple action. Nothing to go wrong. Note I am wearing camo. We only need orange during firearms season. Here .

View attachment 2912476

Besides photos I count birds. I think there are a thousand and 27 robins here today, no doubt getting ready for a flight to a tropical wintering location somewhere in the Deep South like Iowa.
That’s a nice TC…..makes my CVA wolf look a bit ghetto 😂

View attachment 2912460

View attachment 2912461

This is my ancient open site on the end of the barrel. Below is the one near the breech.View attachment 2912464

View attachment 2912476

Muzzleloader for us is a twosome hunt! Most successful when I am the “spotter” and mr muddy is the “shooter” it’s hard to see through all that smoke!!!!! 😂

View attachment 2912460

View attachment 2912461

View attachment 2912476

My scout and the wolf have same 9x32 scope I believe (it’s cheapest one but holds up well to large caliber, short range)

I like a flint lock, however you may as well just put the powder in it, unless the deer is coming to your stand for a coffee. (or at least that's me)
We have two flintlock guns, one is an antique pistol, which is still in good enough shape to fire if you want. When I bought it for DH we brought it to the hospital with us one night and scoped the barrel to make sure there wasn't any problems with it. :celebrate

I like a flint lock, however you may as well just put the powder in it, unless the deer is coming to your stand for a coffee. (or at least that's me)
We have two flintlock guns, one is an antique pistol, which is still in good enough shape to fire if you want. When I bought it for DH we brought it to the hospital with us one night and scoped the barrel to make sure there wasn't any problems with it. :celebrate
My flint lock has a waiting period of between a tenth of a second and 10 minutes after squeezing the trigger I know if you are aiming and trying to hold it on target it seems like it’s closer to the ten minutes.

If it’s raining or snowing it may never go off.

I wish I could get the deer to stay for coffee like you. they could sip on the coffee until the flintlock decides to fire. I wonder if crumpets would entice them to wait around.

Back
Top Bottom