The hunting/fishing thread!

Pics
I hunt my own land. I am surrounded on three sides by a national wildlife area. The federal land was stolen by the white mans government from my Ancestor in 1969.

It should all be mine but dirt farmers can’t find Walter Mondale and the feds. They took it under threat of eminent domain to make a rich persons recreation area.

But I digress. The federal land is not open to muzzleloader hunting.

The deer come into my field to eat. There is no grain or hay crops in the refuge.

I go out about 2pm every day to hunt. I have a decoy I place, a sexy little doe sure to catch a bucks fancy.

Today as I was setting up my decoy, I saw a new game camera in a tree about ten feet from where I place the decoy. It was not there yesterday. This one is much fancier than the others I have, two of which were donated to me in much the same way.

Where I hunt is basically my back yard. I run an extension cord or four to my stand to give me electric heat and run my coffee maker. I have every reason to expect privacy in my back yard.

My question is, when or if the guy comes for the camera do I just tell him no, it is evidence of trespassing, which can cost you your hunting rights here.

Or do I tell him “No, that is evidence in my lawsuit against you for illegally placing cameras in my back yard where we sunbathe and get frisky?

Either way I figure I have a nice camera. But 50grand from a civil suit would go a long ways on a once in a lifetime fishing trip.

What’s everyone’s thoughts?

Before you ask my land is well posted by the wildlife refuge keep out signs back to back with my keep out signs?

This may give you perspective.
F79B30A4-05B9-4A60-A7A3-DC7AAC2F44C8.jpeg

The red line goes to the tree which previously had my new camera in it.

The blue line is my decoy that decided
To tip over today. Because the stand dux.

The green dot is the base of my stand.

WAIT I want to understand this: Someone came on your posted property and took your camera and replaced it with their's. Near your stand which I presume they intended to use to hunt your posted land?
Do you think this person is hunting your stand in the morning?
I would take the camera down and sleep in the stand, if he shows up, I would march his little ass down to the police station. Or hold him at gun point, call the police and say he threatened you on your posted land and you held him there in fear for your life if you let him go until the police could arrive and want to press charges for everything from trespassing to attempted murder.

WAIT I want to understand this: Someone came on your posted property and took your camera and replaced it with their's. Near your stand which I presume they intended to use to hunt your posted land?
Do you think this person is hunting your stand in the morning?
I would take the camera down and sleep in the stand, if he shows up, I would march his little ass down to the police station. Or hold him at gun point, call the police and say he threatened you on your posted land and you held him there in fear for your life if you let him go until the police could arrive and want to press charges for everything from trespassing to attempted murder.
Everything you said is correct except him taking down my camera. I never had a camera there.

I know the movement of the deer here fairly well. I have stopped hunting here in the morning during muzzleloader season because I think I scare them out of here when I sneak out at 5am.

My stand is not big enough to sleep in this year. I hope to change that next year.

PS. Let me know if someone is trying to sell photos of my “el naturalelle” on the internet. It was a WiFi camera

I never unload mine until season is over. I just put a latex glove over the end. If I fire it I use the glove when I gut the deer.

I don’t believe a gun without a primer on it or powder in the flash pan is loaded. It is not capable of firing in that condition.

I keep my rifle in the shed so I only walk the length of 4 extensions cords to my stand every day.
We leave ours loaded too without primer cap of course but I have finger cots for barrel

Back
Top Bottom