The hunting/fishing thread!

Pics
So here is why I said the above . A local guy had land that was up against state land . One deer season things were slow so he sent his helper out to walk around hoping to drive deer to him . He nearly stepped on a guy in full camo with binoculars . Yes a CPO who did not identify himself and made some lame excuse about looking for a wounded deer . The owner wanted to talk to him but he was gone . Yes the owner eventually got busted for something . It is hard when they are looking to find something . So be very careful . I know you try your best to be legal .

So here is why I said the above . A local guy had land that was up against state land . One deer season things were slow so he sent his helper out to walk around hoping to drive deer to him . He nearly stepped on a guy in full camo with binoculars . Yes a CPO who did not identify himself and made some lame excuse about looking for a wounded deer . The owner wanted to talk to him but he was gone . Yes the owner eventually got busted for something . It is hard when they are looking to find something . So be very careful . I know you try your best to be legal .
Jerry. I am 100% legal.

However, as a retired state LEO I kind of know the laws and system.

The state cannot place cameras on private
Land without a warrant. Now there is a way to get a warrant without notifying the land owner, but it is complicated.

Even if they had one the camera was not a state owned camera.

One thing this state loves is keeping records on everything. The camera would need a state id number on it for “record keeping”. So they know who’s ass to chew if it goes missing.

This camera is a $200 or more camera. The bean counters in St Paul would have strokes to have something over $25 not stickered.

When I retired I was questioned over a box of wad cutters I was issued in my first few years of work. They wanted to know where they were. My glib. “How the **** do I know that was 25 years ago did not suffice.

I had to say I shot them, which I no doubt did, and make up a date I used them. After I created the lie, the bean counters allowed me to retire in peace.

If it is a wardens camera, I have hit the lottery.

I won’t even mind giving a third to some sleazeball lawyer.

We had a stupid incident happen several years ago on another property we hunt….we had been hunting a different property but decided to go to that one for first time around Halloween. I had put out a salt block at the end of summer and forgotten about it and CO had evidently been on a stake out for weeks because there was like a 2 inch piece of this salt block left in the weeds. We didn’t see any deer that day but CO came driving full out through the ditch like he really had a criminal!!!!! We climbed down, showed him our permission paperwork, had to remove the crumbs of salt block plus a square foot of surrounding soil, wait 10 days before hunting property again and pay a $300 ticket (which they offered to split into a payment plan 😂) :th

We had a stupid incident happen several years ago on another property we hunt….we had been hunting a different property but decided to go to that one for first time around Halloween. I had put out a salt block at the end of summer and forgotten about it and CO had evidently been on a stake out for weeks because there was like a 2 inch piece of this salt block left in the weeds. We didn’t see any deer that day but CO came driving full out through the ditch like he really had a criminal!!!!! We climbed down, showed him our permission paperwork, had to remove the crumbs of salt block plus a square foot of surrounding soil, wait 10 days before hunting property again and pay a $300 ticket (which they offered to split into a payment plan 😂) :th
How brutal is that?

Fun fact: Canada is full of stupid gun and hunting laws, not sure where this lands, but you can hunt deer over bait.

The muzzleloader season ended today. The gang I used to hunt with had a bad year, only two yearlings for 6 guys. Ouch.

Back
Top Bottom