The ideal poultry thread!

I am so nervous šŸ˜„
Me too. Still nothing. I told the distribution hub to call me at any time day or night if they arrive. Nothing.
I fear Iā€™ll be picking up a box of dead chicks tomorrow afternoon. If they arenā€™t here tomorrow I will know none have made it.

Might have to stop at TSC after work tomorrow. DS will wonder what happened to this order otherwise. He doesnā€™t know what breeds I ordered. And I donā€™t want to tell him that none survived. Heā€™s a sensitive kid, and itā€™s rough on me thinking it as an adult.

Me too. Still nothing. I told the distribution hub to call me at any time day or night if they arrive. Nothing.
I fear Iā€™ll be picking up a box of dead chicks tomorrow afternoon. If they arenā€™t here tomorrow I will know none have made it.

Might have to stop at TSC after work tomorrow. DS will wonder what happened to this order otherwise. He doesnā€™t know what breeds I ordered. And I donā€™t want to tell him that none survived. Heā€™s a sensitive kid, and itā€™s rough on me thinking it as an adult.
My order is partially replacement for the ones who were killed last month. It's going to be upsetting if they don't make it šŸ˜­

They Arrived!!!! All alive praise the Lord!!!

Attachments

• 20220624_065600.jpg
    20220624_065600.jpg
    509.6 KB · Views: 3
I crumble up hard boiled egg yolk. They go nuts for it.

Sadly, my 2 smallest pied guineas passed the first night. They ate, and drank when I dipped their beaks, but were passed away under the heat lamp next morning. The vibrant lavenders stayed robustly active, they go for the fingers any time I reach in there! The smaller cochins seemed a bit stressed at first, but recovered totally and are now voracious little eating machines.

I don't know what went wrong with those guineas. It was my first time ever shipping guineas, and only my second set of keets (first were from TSC and had been there over a week, so well established) so I'm totally inexperienced with them, maybe they don't recover from stress as well? Anyway, the rest are all perky and have great appetites, so if anything happens from here on it's 100% on me.

I have not ordered from Ideal, I have ordered from Meyers and Cackle. I went with cackle because they had a surprise box I was interested in. The chicks from Cackle were big and friendly, but I don't think I will go with them because I didn't click well with the main lady who does the facebook ID page. She was also in charge of possibly getting a free box of surprise chicks. The way to win was to be included in commenting on the facebook page. Then when I did she claimed I was weird for commenting too much, and saying people purchase a surprise box if they want one- even though I had one on order. So I told her I was going to stop commenting wait for my order, then not order from them again. The she accused me of being mad or something. I just decided I was done.

Back
Top Bottom