The ideal poultry thread!

I just got 10 bantam chicks from them and they are all pretty and healthy. :)
It’s my first time ordering from ideal.

Here’s some pictures of my chicks. View attachment 2714756View attachment 2714757View attachment 2714758View attachment 2714759View attachment 2714760

I ordered from them last summer. Ordered 8 and they only sent 7 and gave me a refund for the missing one. All my chicks grew up happy and healthy, they are spoiled and so sweet! One pullet turned out to be a roo but the two straight runs I ordered were hens so it all worked out! Here are some pics...View attachment 2714806View attachment 2714808View attachment 2714809
I'm so sorry I didn't respond I dont know what I must have been doing but beautiful babies and gorgeous girls I just finished ordering some from ideal I'm gonna try to do some of my first breeding projects with what i got

I'm a bit upset with ideal, ordered 23 rhode island reds, first time ever ordering and I feel like the guys at ideal decided to just unload their worst chicks on me, lots of deformities, twisted beaks and some don't even have eyes.

Kind of a shitty first time experience ordering chicks online, that said I'm never ordering anything from them again.

I'm a bit upset with ideal, ordered 23 rhode island reds, first time ever ordering and I feel like the guys at ideal decided to just unload their worst chicks on me, lots of deformities, twisted beaks and some don't even have eyes.

Kind of a shitty first time experience ordering chicks online, that said I'm never ordering anything from them again.
Here lately I can agree with you not as far as deformities just them getting my order wrong and not including chicks that I ordered because obviously I want them imo they used to be so much better and lots more breeds they even used to have modern game I can remember it

That’s weird… I just ordered 11 chicks from them and received everything I wanted plus an extra EE, which ended up passing away overnight, but other than that I am happy with my order. I’m just really hoping that they don’t have cross beak when they get older. On my first order of chicks I had 1-2 chicks with crooked toes, but they aren’t that bad.

That’s weird… I just ordered 11 chicks from them and received everything I wanted plus an extra EE, which ended up passing away overnight, but other than that I am happy with my order. I’m just really hoping that they don’t have cross beak when they get older. On my first order of chicks I had 1-2 chicks with crooked toes, but they aren’t that bad.
Is the cross beak thing a common issue with chicks from hatcheries?

Thank you for this thread! I wish there was one for all the big hatcheries. I am deciding between Ideal, Murray McMurray, and Meyer for the spring. Maybe I’ll start a thread for generic hatchery experiences!

Is the cross beak thing a common issue with chicks from hatcheries?
No it isn't. Not as common as what happened with you. That is really sketchy.

I have a flock of 23. 6 were hatched on my own, the rest were from hatcheries both directly and indirectly. 16 were directly from a hatchery and we picked up a few from people who were moving. Out of a flock of 23 none have cross beak.

6/6 that I hatched also do not have it. Either I was extremely lucky, or it is not very common.

Back
Top Bottom