The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
I'll go and check in a little while. Gonna give the big kids some swiss chard in a bit.
They are white with a pinkish undertone. Their skin in also white. I checked beneath the feathers. They do have a bit of yellow around the eyelids and the top skin on the base of the beak. I assume these are all areas that will turn deep pink as they become mature. The beak itself is not yellow. My husband now thinks I'm a bit loopy as I ran right out to peer at the bottoms of my chickens feet.
lol.png

Last edited:
I have five 10 week-old Jubilees that seem to be three males and two females. I am looking for some hatching eggs so I can add diversity and selection when we start breeding. Does anyone have hatching eggs available? Thank you!

Hello All, This is SUCH a great thread, I am glad I found it. I am breeding these gorgeous birds myself and am happy I have found a group who can share their experiences with me. I am breeding from Marc Sacre, Nellie's at Rockin-G (the best little hen came from her, a funny girl) and Greenfire Farms and I have a hen that is Greenfire/Marc Sacre crossed. I am like the rest of you, I am just in love with the breed and I hope to have diversity in my line to improve them. I have some great hatches going on right now and it never gets old, watching them hatch and grow.
big_smile.png

Hello All, This is SUCH a great thread, I am glad I found it. I am breeding these gorgeous birds myself and am happy I have found a group who can share their experiences with me. I am breeding from Marc Sacre, Nellie's at Rockin-G (the best little hen came from her, a funny girl) and Greenfire Farms and I have a hen that is Greenfire/Marc Sacre crossed. I am like the rest of you, I am just in love with the breed and I hope to have diversity in my line to improve them. I have some great hatches going on right now and it never gets old, watching them hatch and grow.
big_smile.png

I feel the exact same way! Every hatch is like the first time! I even get excited for others, lol.

Two of our younger Jubilees. Boy on left and girl on right. The boy is WAY too light but luckily we have an older, much darker and mahogany based rooster. Not sure what I am going to do with this boy other than maybe add him to an EE pen for some pretty markings on the babies.

We have the jubilee and cant believe how great these birds are. We have the reds and gold laced-partridge and crele and they are huge and gentle. They run up to us like a dog would. What a great breed. The roosters are just in to treats and hanging around. Great family bird.

Back
Top Bottom