The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
I'm guessing Georgiana is a cockeral. The waddles seem to be larger. The spikey feathers above the eyes might be a give away also...just guessing though.

I agree, Pullet, Cockeral, Cockeral!

Ugh! I knew it! lol
I wish i had a set-up so I could keep ALL my roos. My neighbors all have them but don't think they would appreciate me having 6 or 7. Maybe I'm one of those weird people, and don't get me wrong I love my hens, but I REALLY love the roosters. I love their antics and personality.

I just bought the most gorgeous Jubilee rooster. The pictures don't do him justice, kind of dark in the garage. The lady I got him from said he was from Greenfire and EweCrazy lines. He's going to be in quarantine for 3-4 weeks, and possibly turned out with the entire flock if my polish rooster and lavender orpington cockerel will tolerate him, and then put into a breeding pen with buff brahmas to start a project of jubilee/mille de fleur brahmas. If not, then he will probably stay in my garage until I split into spring breeding pens. He's 7 months old currently, and huge, my mom freaked when she saw how big he is.

He's purty.....

love.gif

My 2 pullets! I love these girls, they are so calm and quiet. the cockeral is quite a bit larger,
more like the splash pullet, but the jubes are still larger than any of my others, including the wyandottes hens!

I cant wait til they start laying though! They will be 34 weeks old this weekend... maybe theyre waiting to give me eggs for Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom