The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
welcome-byc.gif
D.gif

Anyone had an issue with a hen being rumpless? My one hen ended up looking like an emu! ;P

I don't feel a tail in there, but her tail feathers hang down and sort of block a clear path for her poo. I clip them or she gets all matted with droppings.
Her back and spinal area don't feel abnormal to me compared to my other Orps, but I'm new and not spent a lot of time feeling up chickens ;)
Needless to say I'll be looking for a non-emu impersonating hen or two in the near future.

Hi there! I have been lurking here on and off for awhile. I discovered Jubilees last year shortly after we got our first chicks and have been pining away for them for almost a year!

Now I am happy to say we have our Jubilee chicks. We got the first one 2 weeks ago, then 2 more a week ago. I am so in love with them and how they feather out with the feathers sticking out all over the place! They all came form @kittydoc

They are straight run so they have alternate names:

First- all three after many attempts to get them all with their eyes open!

Jubilee/Jubal our first, 3 weeks old & taking a little snooze under what I call the "angel wings":

Jewel/Jules, 4 weeks old with the cutest "bad hair day" ever:

And Joy/Jasper, 2 1/2 weeks & just starting to get those crazy feathers:

I am so in love with my babies!

Hi there! I have been lurking here on and off for awhile. I discovered Jubilees last year shortly after we got our first chicks and have been pining away for them for almost a year! Now I am happy to say we have our Jubilee chicks. We got the first one 2 weeks ago, then 2 more a week ago. I am so in love with them and how they feather out with the feathers sticking out all over the place! They all came form @kittydoc They are straight run so they have alternate names: First- all three after many attempts to get them all with their eyes open! Jubilee/Jubal our first, 3 weeks old & taking a little snooze under what I call the "angel wings": Jewel/Jules, 4 weeks old with the cutest "bad hair day" ever: And Joy/Jasper, 2 1/2 weeks & just starting to get those crazy feathers: I am so in love with my babies!
Oh too stinkin cute!!!!
1f60d.png

Hi there! I have been lurking here on and off for awhile. I discovered Jubilees last year shortly after we got our first chicks and have been pining away for them for almost a year!

Now I am happy to say we have our Jubilee chicks. We got the first one 2 weeks ago, then 2 more a week ago. I am so in love with them and how they feather out with the feathers sticking out all over the place! They all came form @kittydoc

They are straight run so they have alternate names:

First- all three after many attempts to get them all with their eyes open!

Jubilee/Jubal our first, 3 weeks old & taking a little snooze under what I call the "angel wings":

Jewel/Jules, 4 weeks old with the cutest "bad hair day" ever:

And Joy/Jasper, 2 1/2 weeks & just starting to get those crazy feathers:

I am so in love with my babies!
Great photos! So sweet! I too am longing for jubilees. I think maybe next year....
droolin.gif

I am trying to learn more about jubilee orpington genetics.
If I have a blackXjubilee orp hen that shows black and a blackXchocolate orp Roo that shows black, will I ever get jubilee Orps, or just a bunch of black Orps?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom