The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

I had some of his first buffs. I understood that they came from the Netherlands from imported Pownall lines.Obviously modified by the Dutch into a bird that fite the UK standard more.
Thanks for the Info. My Male was Considerably Darker than any Others of His I have Seen. Actually to Dark to Show, But His Tail is Near Perfect and he Throws Good Standard Color Cockerels and nice Dark Pullets.

allen..if you go to reply box..click on the icon that looks like 2 mountians and a moon..it will bring up a box that says..embed image, click on upload files, it will link to picture files in your computer, select photo, click large, then submit..it will come up with your post..

Should be the Same age as Monty. I don't know How to Post Pictures on this site.
Not hard to post. Just hiton the Pic icon, and it will walk you through. I'm amazed that your bird is dark. I've seen no evidence of that. The birds I have that are pure Marc's imports are all rich gold to the roots, and they do not fade. Neither do my crosses with SOP birds. I sent Marc 2 pullets because he wanted some of this trait.

I agree, he is neat looking!

Originally Posted by Christabelle

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...e-lavender-chocolate-cuckoo-orpington-rooster

An interesting looking bird. I am guessing he is not lavender... Because of the lacing and darker barring, and he does not have a lavender parent. I thought he was neat looking though.

Thank you both!

Christabelle, you said your favorite is Mauve ? Would you consider her Mauve? She also had the same Choc Cuckoo Rooster + Blue Hen combo (sister of the one I have on sale )

Back
Top Bottom