The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Be sure you enter your name for a chance to win some treats for your hens!!

1. Go to my page: https://www.facebook.com/LotsACluckinFarm

2. Be sure you have "Liked" my page!

3. Find the post about the Sponsored Giveaway I have i pinned to the top of my page so it is easy to find!

4. Comment on that post and tell all of you friends about our giveaway!

We want as many people as possible to enter their names!

There will be three winners and each winner gets 2 different treats!
Value is about $10 per winner!

Does anybody in the US have the English RED CRELE Orpington?

Not that I know of.  Even in the UK, this color is still considered a project and not breeding true 100%. 
Crele is one of the more difficult colors to work with and even the regular Crele has a lot of variation in color. 

I know of a guy who has projects!! I got my red rooster from him! :)

Like I said, nobody in the US has this finished color to my knowledge.
I am sure people have projects that are making progress both in the US and the UK but nothing finished as of yet.
Honestly, I am not sure what a finished red crele would look like, because crele are already mostly partridge based. Essex's birds are the closest I have seen, but even he says they are still in project stage.

Last edited:
Some partridge Orps I have growing out. I am loving the head on the pullet.

They are beautiful blarney! The pullet's head is very feminine..so pretty!! Love to see more of them as they grow
big_smile.png

Well unfortunately our Crele Legbar pair did not make it. We had picked these up about 7 weeks ago and had been trying to nurture them back to health. They were a gift from a friend who had let them get bad off with Cocci. It looked like they were going to make it, they were doing much better and then suddenly the rooster died and the hen 5 days later. We did what we were able but no go.

Well unfortunately our Crele Legbar pair did not make it. We had picked these up about 7 weeks ago and had been trying to nurture them back to health. They were a gift from a friend who had let them get bad off with Cocci. It looked like they were going to make it, they were doing much better and then suddenly the rooster died and the hen 5 days later.  We did what we were able but no go.  

Awwww. How disheartening, and about your partridge too. We really work hard on these expensive birds, it's rough losing them. We had a predator come through and leave us with only ONE partridge hen. I have quite a few growing out from earlier in the year, but as luck would have it, about 80% cockerels.

LMP, Thank You!:D

Awwww. How disheartening, and about your partridge too. We really work hard on these expensive birds, it's rough losing them. We had a predator come through and leave us with only ONE partridge hen. I have quite a few growing out from earlier in the year, but as luck would have it, about 80% cockerels.

LMP, Thank You!
big_smile.png
I hatched over 30 Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks this year fro my trio hoping to get some nice pullets to use for next year. Everyone has been roosters, lots of supper.

Back
Top Bottom