The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

yes if two copies of choc and one of barring

Yes, that's what the situation is. Both genes are sex-linked, and since the make is chocolate cuckoo, the chocolate has to be there in two copies.

Thank you! I had read something else about this color and creating autosexing offspring, and it was opposite. Upon further research, I learned there is more than one gene called chocolate, and it operates differently in different chicken breeds.

This makes me a happy camper. I also have a chocolate pullet that I will use with him, but separately because I will not be able to use this trick with their offspring, which will all be chocolate and half will also be cuckoo, but evenly between the sexes.

Hello from Albuquerque, nm. Thought I'd post a pic of one of our BBS Breeders.

It has been a long while! How is everyone?

I am getting my breeding pens set up for this fast approaching breeding season! This year I finally have enough VERY VERY nice birds to make a nice breeding flock and I will not be selling anything from that pen until their babies are old enough to cull from. I think their babies will be magnificent!

It has been a long while! How is everyone? I am getting my breeding pens set up for this fast approaching breeding season! This year I finally have enough VERY VERY nice birds to make a nice breeding flock and I will not be selling anything from that pen until their babies are old enough to cull from. I think their babies will be magnificent!
Really nice birds!

It has been a long while! How is everyone? I am getting my breeding pens set up for this fast approaching breeding season! This year I finally have enough VERY VERY nice birds to make a nice breeding flock and I will not be selling anything from that pen until their babies are old enough to cull from. I think their babies will be magnificent!
Beautiful!

My jubilee roo always covers himself in water when he drink. I have a standard 5 gallon watered about 8 inches off the ground. Does anyone else have this problem?

Back
Top Bottom