The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Reyvaughn,
   As the old timers say use what you have available.  That will take some time to remove the white as I had found out with the Ameraucanas.  
I have seen this too on some of the imports.  It is not the porcelain white, and it is a small amount (and I have seen it turn completely red when they are running around getting worked up).  I too think it can be bred out, with selective breeding.

Thank you! I was hoping it wasn't a reason to cull her. As long as there is a possibility to breed it out, I'll try it. This bantam Cochin project is going to be interesting anyways... I did pick out chocolates with more Cochin like cushions, but they all have what Cochin breeders like to call crow heads. Oh, I am so eggcited!

Wanted to share that I got 2 eggs from these new girls today - I about peed myself I was so happy!

I like the look of this group here. The rooster is amazing

Welcome to the thread chicken stratch!
OMG that was scary sounded like a horde of zombies
hide.gif
but the birds r beautiful to watch without the sound

So I have a single buff orpington and an orpington/welsummer cross at the moment and I love them, but I think the English Orpingtons are gorgeous and I would love to get some some day. They just seem so regal lol.

Yes! Yes! Yes! I want birds like this! I NEED birds like this (like my life depends on it!) who has birds like this? How can i get birds like this?

Lol Oh what these Big Fluffy EOs do to me!!!!!!!!
Ha I like u and think these English orps r doing the same thing to me. They r just gorgeous and that's why its so important to keep them as pure as possible while also trying to get more genetic diversity over here.

Back
Top Bottom