The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

He's very big & has huge red headgear - especially when compared to the pullets. I'm confident he's a boy. That's why I'm wondering now if the older hens are somehow preventing him from crowing. The older hens sleep on the upper roost & rule the coop.

He will take over the block in couple month. My did crow until 5.5 months old and take charge slowly when he begin to mate.

He's very big & has huge red headgear - especially when compared to the pullets. I'm confident he's a boy. That's why I'm wondering now if the older hens are somehow preventing him from crowing. The older hens sleep on the upper roost & rule the coop.

Yes he is a boy, and a BIG boy
smile.png
I'm sure he'll start crowing soon.

If he's in with an older roo, that's why he isn't crowing.

In the USA, all Orpingtons are judged by the APA Standard, and having originated in England, are of an "English" class along with other breeds. The only officially recognized APA colors are Buff, Black, and Blue. Mmm. Maybe white too but I can't find my standard and don't remember if it is or not.

If he's in with an older roo, that's why he isn't crowing.

In the USA, all Orpingtons are judged by the APA Standard, and having originated in England, are of an "English" class along with other breeds. The only officially recognized APA colors are Buff, Black, and Blue. Mmm. Maybe white too but I can't find my standard and don't remember if it is or not.
could that be why he isn't breeding too?

Back
Top Bottom