The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

CONGRATS JOY ! ! ! ! I am so happy for you!

That is great news that they are all perky now! Jet lag, I imagine!

Does this one have feathered shanks?

GoldLaced1004-13-2011.jpg

From Greenfire Farms...

Red Orpingtons
The red Orpington is a stunning variety of this popular breed. Red was added to the Orpington palette in 1910, and despite the beauty of this color red Orpingtons have remained rare. Great strides have been made in improving the body type, and some of the best representatives of this variety can be found outside Britain in the Netherlands and Germany. In those countries red Orpingtons have a dedicated following that breed birds for the demanding show circuit. Greenfire Farms has sought out the exemplars of this variety to bring you large birds with a deep, pure red color. A juvenile pair of red Orpingtons will sell for $199 per pair.

Holey Moley! That's a steal!
ep.gif

Quote:
Kassandra - I sure hope you are right !! I really really want another black cockerel
fl.gif
(I think he is a boy too).

Kathy - I do see a few feathers there. I didn't notice when I was inspecting them. I'll pick him up tomorrow and check. If so, no big deal. I've seen it a couple of time and they go away pretty quickly.

Thanks everybody - I'm quite in love iwth them myself. Hubby has informed me that these are HIS chicks !! We'll see how fast that changes when it's time to start cleaning the brooder and pens !!
lau.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
Heck yeah - that is a deal !!! Germany has some of the best Orps on the planet. The best Crele I have ever seen (in a picture - never seen one in person
hit.gif
) was from Poland
droolin.gif

Joy I am in love with the black chicks. They are beautiful.
Those GL's are cute as can be. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Julie - I posted those 2 black chick pics just for you ! I knew you'd love them. I've got 7 due to hatch tomorrow - I'm hoping to see more blacks now. I'll keep you posted. Be sure to let me know what those eggs do.

Woohoo Joy, congrats on the GL Orps!!
celebrate.gif
I know Dwain must be thrilled! And those 2 blacks are too cute. I pulled a few out of the hatcher myself today-3 or 4 blues, a couple of blacks, and a splash.

Quote:
Thanks Paula -

Dwain is over the moon with these little guys. I'm really hoping to get some more blacks the next few hatches.

Congrats on your babies !! Where are the pictures???

Back
Top Bottom