The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Kathy - I really really like them. I started reading up on the Icelandics a while back, and they are really a interesting and fascinating breed.

Thanks for the photos. I'm glad they arrived safe & sound !!!

Quote:
Thanks Paula -

Dwain is over the moon with these little guys. I'm really hoping to get some more blacks the next few hatches.

Congrats on your babies !! Where are the pictures???

I knew you were going to ask that question. I'm so bad about taking pics.
hide.gif
I was in such a hurry to get them into the brooder this afternoon. I'll try and get some tomorrow. It amazes me, though, how much bigger these guys are than all of my other chicks. I hatched Marans and Barred Rocks with them, and they dwarf both of those breeds. They're like the little monster chicks in the hatcher.
gig.gif

I really want to switch out the blue roo I have in with my hens, for a nice black that I have, so that I can get more blacks. I just love a good black Orp!

Quote:
Thanks Paula -

Dwain is over the moon with these little guys. I'm really hoping to get some more blacks the next few hatches.

Congrats on your babies !! Where are the pictures???

I knew you were going to ask that question. I'm so bad about taking pics.
hide.gif
I was in such a hurry to get them into the brooder this afternoon. I'll try and get some tomorrow. It amazes me, though, how much bigger these guys are than all of my other chicks. I hatched Marans and Barred Rocks with them, and they dwarf both of those breeds. They're like the little monster chicks in the hatcher.
gig.gif

I really want to switch out the blue roo I have in with my hens, for a nice black that I have, so that I can get more blacks. I just love a good black Orp!

Well try to take some pictures tomorrow. I agree, the size on the English orps is staggering. I hope to get some more blacks, too. The blue used to be my favorite, but once I had The O's, it's a toss up.

There just isn't anything like a beautiful English Orp, whatever color, strutting around the yard, is there?
love.gif

Thanks to the multiple members who notified us of the problem with this post/thread and requested that the moderators take action. The matter will be referred to staff for discussion.

Joy, I have to agree. Nothing as beautiful as a Big Majectic Orpington. I am predjudiced in this area but I just haven't seen another breed that makes me feel like these birds. I have had some other breeds I really liked but they just didn't hold a candle to these.

I am very excited about some eggs i have in the incubator. It will be like getting a present when they hatch.

Joy and Julie, y'all are so right. There's just something about seeing these Orps strutting around the yard. They're a sight, that's for sure. The size of the English Orps is just crazy. They demand attention. lol I've still got 5 "extra" boys, and they're just so pretty walking around the chicken yard. I keep putting off finding them new homes. Oh well, as long as they behave, it's all good.

Quote:
I feel the same way, Julie. I've had several other breeds,too, and while I love them, they just can't compare to these English beauties. They just make me laugh and smile to look at them - that is what is important.

Good luck on the eggs - I'm hoping I get some blacks in my little hatch tomorrow !!!

Back
Top Bottom