The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Or just find some in the UK that have good type and import them... instant gratification that way.
wink.png

ETA: Then we'd have another bloodline in the States.
smile.png

Last edited:
Not very good pictures, but here is the "red neck" that I was referring to when I asked you all last month if I should go ahead and grow out, or immediately cull due to the red leakage. 7 mos old now.

46167_misc_697.jpg

(The one behind him is all black/blue. The lighting is making him look silver or something)

46167_misc_695.jpg

46167_misc_699.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:

You and I think a like!!
That is the plan! I have a contact that has really really nice lemon and chocolate cuckoos! hmmmm might have to test them too in the spring and bring them over with the LF chocs and the new Swedish bird I am thinking about.
smile.png
smile.png

Not trying to be lazy by doing that - but it does cut down time and does I think a good service to the rest of us that got these 'under developed' lemons. If any breeder of these got 10 or so birds and intended to hatch quality chicks for sale... they are in trouble. There are 'lemons' on the famous e-auction site that show little to no barring. As I mentioned in the prior post - roos off this line do not all show good bars like they should. I had about 5 roosters that got culled and went to the auction.

Matte they are beautiful birds. Great type. Does the one with red in the hackles have gold eyes?. If he does I would not breed him. You can fix the light eyes but it takes a lot of culling ot finally cull it out. That black cockerel is problably my favorite one. He looks really good in that photo
Also one thing you want to look for in your males is good lacing in the Breast feathers and areas that they should carry lacing. It will affect the lacing on the females you hatch.

Last edited:
I like the Black guy the most, too.

I find myself really, really wishing I had more Blacks now. At the beginning of the year all I wanted was Splash birds, now that I've got Splash juvies coming out of my ears I'm pining over the Blacks...
roll.png

Jeremy I find my best looking blues always come from blue to blue breeding. I love the blacks. Marcs Buffs look really good in the photo he showed.

Back
Top Bottom