The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Joy, this picture is for you...

I think I have fallen in love with the Gold Laced Blues. I'm pretty sure I love them as much as I love the Jubilees and my BBS birds now...
love.gif
lol.png

I think you should DEFINITELY hatch some Winston and Goldie babies, you have my shipping info still right?
tongue.png

Roger - YAY
jumpy.gif
I'm so excited for you !! The little chick is a cutie
love.gif
and it is a blue. Can't wait to see how it develops in the next few months. The color reminds me of Bluebell when she hatched.

Jeremy -
droolin.gif
I DEFINITELY plan to hatch some Winston/Goldie chicks. I do still have your shipping address...don't be surprised to find a box of
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
on your porch one day !!
lau.gif

Daphne - Your birds will probably mature up until about 18 months old or so. By their second molt, they will be even more gorgeous !!!

You know, a lot of folks' Orps go broody all the time. I didn't have one single broody this year. And, I only have Blacks go broody - none of my blue girls go broody. Matilda went broody one time (she is blue), but that is the only one. I have to fight to keep my blacks from sitting.

My girls all seem to go broody and at the same time. In the photos I posted the other day you'll see two of the babies running around. I had only left them two eggs because I was gathering and selling eggs and hoping if I took their eggs away every day they would stop being broody but it never works so I let them keep two eggs and two hens shared the nest and have been sharing the raising of the two babies - one is dark blue the other is light blue. My Marans top the list for broodiness but my Orps are a close second. I have a barn full of Marans and their babies running around the farm. They go and find a spot to lay a pile of eggs and then show up with 15 babies. Maybe it's our long, long, hot, humid heat here in deep south. If I were a hen it would make me want to just sit and brood. LOL

Oh!  Is there going to be a show here on the west coast where we can come and drool over y'all's birds?  Say it's so!

There is a PPBA show on the 28th in Stockton, CA.

I will be there, not showing anything but I will have a trio and a pair for sale. This would be a great chance to pick up some of these beautiful Orps and avoid the cost of shipping and a box altogether! :)

Well, I have two computers here at home - my work computer and my personal computer. I have Google Chrome on my work computer, and I have IE and Firefox on my personal computer - all are updated with the latest browers, etc., and both are fairly new, lots of RAM, lots of memory, etc. - I've tried the new BYC with all 3 browsers and it sucks on them all !!! I have absolutely no problem with any other site - nor did I ever have a problem with the old BYC. There is just too much unnecessary crap on this new BYC. It is ridiculous to expect people to change their browsers or update a bunch of stuff on their computers in order to be able to access this new site !! I guess next we'll have to upgrade our entire operating system on our computers in order to use the new BYC !! I realize that they said they had to make some sort of update, but change is not always better, and sometimes LESS is more.

JMO

Not sure if people are still experiencing problems but there is a program called NoScript that is very helpful for old and new computers alike. It lets you select what loads on a page so you can turn just about anything you don't want to see off. It greatly helps with loading speeds because you don't have to load all the visual stuff on the page. It can really help for anything slower than cable internet, absolute must if you use dial up in my opinion!

It can take a little getting used to using because you have to allow on all yours pages once you install it but it takes all of 5 seconds to or less to do it for a page and the settings are saved from then on so you don't have to keep allowing for pages you frequent. It also can help with spyware/bugs/maleware from automatically loading on links that you click on and get routed to other places it shouldn't take you because it doesn't allow pages to load until you set the allowances, I use it for virus protection and to get rid of ads I'm tired of looking at.

Oh yea, forgot to almost mention....its FREE as well which makes it absolutely awesome....if its not what you like your not out any cash to learn this.

Last edited:
I have 6 bantam chocolate orpington eggs that have developed and are due to hatch on this coming Thursday.
wee.gif

I will post pics
I'm EXCITED

Well, I have two computers here at home - my work computer and my personal computer.  I have Google Chrome on my work computer, and I have IE and Firefox on my personal computer - all are updated with the latest browers, etc., and both are fairly new, lots of RAM, lots of memory, etc. - I've tried the new BYC with all 3 browsers and it sucks on them all !!!  I have absolutely no problem with any other site - nor did I ever have a problem with the old BYC.  There is just too much unnecessary crap on this new BYC.  It is ridiculous to expect people to change their browsers or update a bunch of stuff on their computers in order to be able to access this new site  !!  I guess next we'll have to upgrade our entire operating system on our computers in order to use the new BYC !!  I realize that they said they had to make some sort of update, but change is not always better, and sometimes LESS is more.

JMO

Not sure if people are still experiencing problems but there is a program called NoScript that is very helpful for old and new computers alike.  It lets you select what loads on a page so you can turn just about anything you don't want to see off.  It greatly helps with loading speeds because you don't have to load all the visual stuff on the page.  It can really help for anything slower than cable internet, absolute must if you use dial up in my opinion! 

It can take a little getting used to using because you have to allow on all yours pages once you install it but it takes all of 5 seconds to or less to do it for a page and the settings are saved from then on so you don't have to keep allowing for pages you frequent.  It also can help with spyware/bugs/maleware from automatically loading on links that you click on and get routed to other places it shouldn't take you because it doesn't allow pages to load until you set the allowances, I use it for virus protection and to get rid of ads I'm tired of looking at.

Oh yea, forgot to almost mention....its FREE as well which makes it absolutely awesome....if its not what you like your not out any cash to learn this.

That and LassPass - I can't cruise the web without them.

Back
Top Bottom