The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Looks like a picture from Germany? What a beautiful bird!
love.gif
Don't forget crele also come in Red crele ,i like they coloring.

I have a question. To help ensure fertility do you "pluck" bird's areas? They are so fluffy.
Just curious. I am hoping to have breeding birds next spring and I want to make sure eggs are fertile.

here is my current black roo. He is not near as broad as I hoped he would be. He is about 18weeks old. Do ya'll think he will fill out any more? he reminds me more of a jersey giant than a english black orpington. if my blue roo keeps growing this one will get rehomed. my blue roo is 5 weeks younger and is already almost as tall and atleast 25% wider.

Was this bird sold to you as a pure English Orpington? If so, you've been had. The type is way off, even for a young cockerel.

Go to Keith's Orpingtons Poultry, Crele Orpington, and you will find some explanation about them. Quite a lot of the offspring turn out white because of the white recessive gene.

Marc

Hi Marc, Dee here. Your girl is feeling right at home. By the way, she can be bribed with fresh mealworms. She is already coming right up to me and letting me pet her chest and even beak. Such a gentle, sweet girl. Thank you. I only wish you had more to spare!!!

Less than 24 hours later, all 11 beautiful Bantam Orps are running around being noisy chickens. Absolutely gorgeous guys!! Thank you so much Richard! He's a great person to work with!

Thanks so much for the compliment! :)

I appreciate your business!

Stay tuned and check back to our site for the new imports that we will be releasing in the Spring.

Regards,
Richard

Less than 24 hours later, all 11 beautiful Bantam Orps are running around being noisy chickens. Absolutely gorgeous guys!! Thank you so much Richard! He's a great person to work with!

Was this bird sold to you as a pure English Orpington? If so, you've been had. The type is way off, even for a young cockerel.

unfortunately so. The purported parents were beautiful. I was hoping he was going to be as well. I might try again with a known breeder on here but im going to see how my other cockrells turn out first. This one is 5 weeks younger than the black one posted earlier and is already just as tall and much stockier. I'm not sure what to call him a split, lavender, or a blue? I know hes not a splash.

Back
Top Bottom