The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Thanks for the compliment! Your birds will be arriving by Friday - but then again you know how the PO does things..... they could be there in the morning. Don't forget to call and let them know you have a package coming.

Regards,
Richard
Headed there to get some eggs today, so I'll tell them. They already think I'm the chicken lady! At least I'm getting word-of-mouth advertisement this way
smile.png

I'm first in line for the new imports!!!
droolin.gif

Got you down... :)

Pretty soon you will be shipping some beautiful chicks!!! I was pretty excited when I boxed up your birds this morning... they were so beautiful and fluffy!! I think they wanted to stay and become south GA birds....HAHAHA..... or maybe that was me????
tongue2.gif

Headed there to get some eggs today, so I'll tell them. They already think I'm the chicken lady! At least I'm getting word-of-mouth advertisement this way
smile.png

I'm first in line for the new imports!!!
droolin.gif

Quote:

A few months ago, our post office called to say we had hatching eggs waiting for me. I had no eggs ordered. I was scratching my head to recall who was sending me eggs. It was some kids clothing my wife won on eBay. Our post office takes no chances. When that Buff Wyandotte bantam male arrived, they called me twice! He was loud! At 6 am they were a little concerned because they thought he was dead. No sounds from the box. Someone peaked inside the window and woke him up. They really woke him up!

I still call them when I know I am getting live birds. Especially birds of high value.

Got you down... :)

Pretty soon you will be shipping some beautiful chicks!!! I was pretty excited when I boxed up your birds this morning... they were so beautiful and fluffy!! I think they wanted to stay and become south GA birds....HAHAHA..... or maybe that was me????
tongue2.gif

Don't worry. You can have some hatching eggs from 'em
wink.png

Was this bird sold to you as a pure English Orpington? If so, you've been had. The type is way off, even for a young cockerel.
unfortunately so. The purported parents were beautiful. I was hoping he was going to be as well. I might try again with a known breeder on here but im going to see how my other cockrells turn out first. This one is 5 weeks younger than the black one posted earlier and is already just as tall and much stockier. I'm not sure what to call him a split, lavender, or a blue? I know hes not a splash.
Actually, he does look rather like a splash from the picture. At least he has better type than the black so far. A splash cockerel I had:

Last edited:
G'Morning all! She's a bit young, but any guesses as to color? BTW: This chick hatched 2 days after her hatch mates, I thought we were all done and almost buried the eggs before she came! Such a nice surprise!!

And WHAT is up with this dual colored beak?

Actually, he does look rather like a splash from the picture. At least he has better type than the black so far.
A splash cockerel I had:

I have seen some pretty strange unforeseen things crop up in a blood line (even from well know breeders). Color wise and type as well. I wouldn't jump to conclusions about the breeder right away, but would talk to them about your concerns. They may have some insight for you, heck take a look at these pics of the whites we imported this summer. For the most part type is good, all are fluffy with short legs:

Now take a look at this boy in front, he kinda looks like a Cornish
lau.gif
, no fluff, muscular with long legs and a broad chest.

Absolutely no disrespect to the breeder. He is a cutie with personality plus!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom