The incredible story of Gimpy, the black skinned, featherless, one legged chicken with pics!!

fl.gif
Oh, poor Gimpy. I'm hoping he'll be ok.

Good to see you again, glad to see you have some more featherless chickens and good luck with Gimpy. I remember your first little featherless hen Ingbar, how long did she end up living ?

Last edited:
Made it through another night. The bird vets in this country leave much to be desired. My cow vet gave me dosages in the end & I injected Gimpy last night with antibiotics & painkillers. He is still eating & drinking happily but I can't wait for that stump to heal so that it doesn't cause him pain to step on. For now, he just keeps it out of the way.
Inbar, my last featherless chicken got bird flu last year because an organic chicken farm across the road from where I used to live, infected her through my air ducts. I decided not to keep any chickens until I moved from there, which I did last month.

Last edited:
Oh I am sorry to hear that, but I am glad you were able to give Ingbar a good home until she passed away. Good luck with these new babies and espically Gimpy.

Gimpy had a good day today. A noticeable decrease in pain when he steps on the leg which he sometimes uses as a crutch & his temperature is down to normal which is to be expected after I high dosed him on cow painkillers :p
I noticed that him & the other black chick had an ingrown wing feather each which I removed tonight-it just kept coming & coming when I pulled!

Gimpy had a good day today. A noticeable decrease in pain when he steps on the leg which he sometimes uses as a crutch & his temperature is down to normal which is to be expected after I high dosed him on cow painkillers :p
I noticed that him & the other black chick had an ingrown wing feather each which I removed tonight-it just kept coming & coming when I pulled!
Yay for Gimpy!
highfive.gif

Ewww.
sad.png
Poor guys (girls).
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom