The Incubator Thread

Sounds like maybe a thermostat issue, like its not sensing the correct temp and shuts off too soon. Or maybe a faulty heating element?
And if you don't have anything in it now, you might look for fuses up in the top. Mine is occupied, so I can't look, and I'm just thinking out loud, but it might be something you can easily fix. I've also seen pretty cheap replacement parts if you are handy enough to try to fix it.
Best of luck!

I have a new incubator . First timer for hatching with incubator . Test run on new incubator with small amount of water humidity ran over 85% . I have two thermometers / hygrometers both reading about the same. The natural humidity is about 70% ( rainy season)
How can I get the humidity down to 50% -55% when the natural humidity is above 70% for weeks at a time . I removed the water it`s still running at 65% Help me please

I have a new incubator . First timer for hatching with incubator . Test run on new incubator with small amount of water humidity ran over 85% . I have two thermometers / hygrometers both reading about the same. The natural humidity is about 70% ( rainy season)
How can I get the humidity down to 50% -55% when the natural humidity is above 70% for weeks at a time . I removed the water it`s still running at 65% Help me please

You may need to move the incubator into a dry location and/or get a dehumidifier. I'm pretty certain you are going to get poor hatches incubating at 65% RH. I aim for between 20 and 30% until lockdown. Also, you might want to try a different hygrometer to be sure yours is accurate, or follow instructions available on this site and others about calibrating the humidity.

How can I get the humidity down to 50% -55% when the natural humidity is above 70% for weeks at a time . I removed the water it`s still running at 65%  Help me please

Did you try it with no water at all?

I have a friend who has her incubator in the barn with just a pan of water in it .( homemade Incubator) not checking the humidity has chicks everywhere. She has very good luck . Now after buying my incubator scared to use it .

If you don't use that incubator, how many chicks will you hatch?
wink.png
Take the plunge. Come over to the bator addicted side.

Lol, The six chickens I have , belong to my late Uncle ,he was very proud of them so , I have to do my very best to make him proud of me, There little banhams , I think they are Ridge Rocks Ridge something , So, I`ll try very hard . I don`t know how old they are so that`s why i wanted to try the incubator
thumbsup.gif

I am getting a incubator. What is the best for a 200.00 spending limit
I would recommend a GQF Genesis, with an auto-turner, for that budget. Cutler Supply has them for about $165 plus shipping. I hate to fuss with the settings all the time, and the older models of GQF and Miller (Little Giant) require that, but the Genesis is powerful enough to just load it with eggs and plug it in.

Cutler also has all the other brands, a good place to comparison shop and see what you get for that money with the different brands.

Back
Top Bottom